Hamilton Pool Park Trail

Hamilton Pool Park Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dripping Springs, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Must see if you're in Austin. Hamilton Pool is breathtaking and the hike to the river was peaceful. $15 cash only fee to be paid at the entrance, or tickets can be bought in advance online for $16

really nice view!

I know it seems Wierd, but it IS Austin, Travis County, Texas...but you MUST have a reservation.

been here 3x ...what amazing place to see. during summer time you have to call or visit the website to reserve as its get busy so to control number of people for safety and preservation of such beautiful place!! I went there in January and you can just go no reservation needed but if you want to swim summer time for sure!

super short and easy hike. kid friendly. I brought my 2 an 5 year old. They have picnic tables by the parking lot. and the waterfall is great. It was only trickling when we went today but I can imagine when after a great rainfall❤ it's absolutely beautiful.

super beautiful! Go during the fall and winter season so less people are there.

The hike to the pool is very short and very easy! We went on a cool foggy / drizzly day which made it perfect since there were few people going in! Took the the time to look up, look around and just take in the beauty! Also hiked down to the river. Most of the trail is easy with a few challenges. The rain made some of the rocks a little slick but just enough to make it fun! Again if there are not a lot people very quiet and serene.

Really beautiful and easy path along a spring and old cypress trees. Ends at the pedernales river.

beautiful short hike, the pool site is amazing. the trail to the river is fun, with lots of view points. a good leg workout coming back. I would do it again ... spring time our fall.

there's a field full of buffalo directly above the waterfall, rain washes all of their poop into the pool, so you can rule out swimming. as you can see you can go down the trail the other way to the river which is cool but the park rangers are way strict about taking a step off the trail. Rangers here are pretty wack actually. I wouldnt go back here. I also would rate it as easy and not moderate

October is a nice time to go. You don’t need a reservation and didn’t have to wait long. Take a left and get a hike in before going for your swim.

A bit crowded and there is a wait to get in the parking area. Not too crowded at the actual pool which was nice.

Drove all he way out from Fort Hood just to be told I don't have a reservation and I couldn't enter. There was room in the parking lot and the lady at the front was beyond rude.

This was a breathtaking view down by the water once we reached it. We thought it was beautiful. It was worth the short hike.

Drove all the way out and while the parking lot wasn't full and there was no cars in front or behind me I wasn't allowed in because I didn't have a "reservation." I asked if I could see the pool so I knew what to expect when I did have a reservation "nope". Seriously? "Yep"

Easy hike, beautiful waterfall! The best time to go is after it has rained alot!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Beautiful! Pretty easy and short. Bummer we weren't able to get in due to high bacteria.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

absolutely beautiful! trail goes down hill most of the way. towards the end there is a metal staircase that can get slippery, so use the railing.
it's a busy trail so he courteous and share the walking space.
wear good walking shoes, hiking boots not necessary.
bring CASH ONLY at the gate.
bring your camera!!! soo gorgeous.
we waited about 20 minutes to park on Monday afternoon.
PLEASE PACK YOUR TRASH OUT.

we carried our kids (1.5 yr old and 8 month old), doable. but easier with a carry pack.
a small blanket or beach towel would be nice if you want to have a seat and hang out for a few.
river trail was closed
no swimming when I went on 3/13/17

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

cost 15 bucks, but the view and geology are worth it.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Beautiful place well worth the trip.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Beautiful water fall and pool. $26 to get in ($16 online and $15 cash only at entrance)
I made the video.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Must see if you're in Austin. We made a special trip from Dallas and were not disappointed. Hamilton Pool is breathtaking and the hike to the river was peaceful.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

so far waiting to get in the gate attendant was rude. hope the beauty of the tail makes up for it

Saturday, February 27, 2016

The pool at the end is the payoff. The scenery along the trail is OK. The pool was closed to swimmers when we went, it gets shut down for safety at times. The pool and waterfall area is well worth the drive and meh hike. Local BBQ institution, the Salt Lick is on the way from Austin, highly recommended as a feed stop.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Beautiful trail, easy hike. Gets very crowded.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Short and easy. beautiful trail.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hiked. Gorgeous!!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Great hike on semi-improved trails

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Great hike to an amazing spring. Cold water but refreshing to swim in. Nice place to sit back and relax...and swim.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The hike is quick and easy, but it is a bit slippery if you're not in sneakers (my mistake). The grotto is breathtaking, it looks surreal, and the water/waterfall is so beautiful. Check the weather before you go, if it hasn't been rainy you could possibly go swimming! I drove from Austin to Dripping Springs which was about a 45-minute drive, it was so worth it.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Beautiful (: we enjoyed this trail a lot.
Bummer we couldn't swim but maybe next time!