Hamilton Pool Park Trail

Hamilton Pool Park Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dripping Springs, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Must see if you're in Austin. Hamilton Pool is breathtaking and the hike to the river was peaceful. $15 cash only fee to be paid at the entrance, or tickets can be bought in advance online for $16

Really beautiful and easy path along a spring and old cypress trees. Ends at the pedernales river.

beautiful short hike, the pool site is amazing. the trail to the river is fun, with lots of view points. a good leg workout coming back. I would do it again ... spring time our fall.

there's a field full of buffalo directly above the waterfall, rain washes all of their poop into the pool, so you can rule out swimming. as you can see you can go down the trail the other way to the river which is cool but the park rangers are way strict about taking a step off the trail. Rangers here are pretty wack actually. I wouldnt go back here. I also would rate it as easy and not moderate

October is a nice time to go. You don’t need a reservation and didn’t have to wait long. Take a left and get a hike in before going for your swim.

A bit crowded and there is a wait to get in the parking area. Not too crowded at the actual pool which was nice.

Drove all he way out from Fort Hood just to be told I don't have a reservation and I couldn't enter. There was room in the parking lot and the lady at the front was beyond rude.

This was a breathtaking view down by the water once we reached it. We thought it was beautiful. It was worth the short hike.

Drove all the way out and while the parking lot wasn't full and there was no cars in front or behind me I wasn't allowed in because I didn't have a "reservation." I asked if I could see the pool so I knew what to expect when I did have a reservation "nope". Seriously? "Yep"

Easy hike, beautiful waterfall! The best time to go is after it has rained alot!

Beautiful! Pretty easy and short. Bummer we weren't able to get in due to high bacteria.

absolutely beautiful! trail goes down hill most of the way. towards the end there is a metal staircase that can get slippery, so use the railing.
it's a busy trail so he courteous and share the walking space.
wear good walking shoes, hiking boots not necessary.
bring CASH ONLY at the gate.
bring your camera!!! soo gorgeous.
we waited about 20 minutes to park on Monday afternoon.
PLEASE PACK YOUR TRASH OUT.

we carried our kids (1.5 yr old and 8 month old), doable. but easier with a carry pack.
a small blanket or beach towel would be nice if you want to have a seat and hang out for a few.
river trail was closed