Grelle Recreation Area Loop Trail

Grelle Recreation Area Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Spicewood, Texas. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

these trails are really good but this is a fee Trail Park

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nice trail the first bit can be a little difficult for new hikers or kids but mine did it ok. Only saw 2 groups the entire time. Lots of shaded areas while hiking and some nice views ahold the way. Only thing is the trail markers could be updated as they are getting old. My family and I had a blast and will be back for round two.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

I hiked this area last year in the spring. Only a few difficult spots where I had to descend/ascend using hands and feet, otherwise nice and easy trekking. There are several trails, but they're poorly marked, so it's difficult to get a good sense of where you are. Where I began there was no map, and I didn't see one during the three hours I spent.

There's a stretch where people were riding, and I saw a few people with dogs. There is a good range of nature. Wooded areas, prairie areas, narrow trails with great views, wide open bits. I was alone for 99% of the hike.

Friday, June 09, 2017