Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Great Hills Park Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(373)
The Quarries Park

Great Hills Park Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Loop

recorded Great Hills Park Trail

Lots of water access. Shaded. Good elevations. Rocks.

Great trail, for hiking. We saw a lot of water spots and several shaded areas. Elevation change is good too! Not that many people on the trail.

bridge out

It was a nice trail and a nice walk to go on. I Was not able to walk the full trail as one of the bridges were upside down and broken about 1.82 miles from the starting point. So I went through the neighborhood and walked back to my starting point. Walking through the neighborhood was terrible as it was supper hot and hardly any shade.

Great hike, well maintained and marked well. Lots of shade.

Great scenic hike thats mostly in the shade. Lots of easy creeks to pass and changes in Terrain. Reminds me of a mini easier Riverplace Nature Trail. Only knock is that you have to walk through a neighborhood to reach the other side of the trail

Great for families with small kids. Northwest branch leads to very nice developed playscape. Lots of forks in trail offer variety and constant water crossings break up an otherwise easy walk.

Beautiful hike! Took us just over an hour to complete. There was quite a bit of river hopping that the kids enjoyed but my wife did not.

This trail isn’t bad. My biggest complaint was the sewage smell in parts. It was also pretty muddy and slippery. I also didn’t like the part of the trail that made you walk through a neighborhood. There wasn’t signage in the neighborhood so I had to pull out my phone to be sure I was going the right way. Signage on the actual trail was pretty good! Otherwise, this trail would be a nice place to bring kids or go for a quick run/walk.

little muddy after rains. scenic

Got lost but super beautiful!!

Beautiful, but a bit muddy at the moment!

Well marked & quite a few people but not too crowded. We enjoyed it!

I've been walking this particular trail for years and every time I finish my hike, I come out refreshed. The soothing calmness of this trail is a great change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Austin itself, and I couldn't recommend it enough. Besides, you'll run into nothing but nice people along the way. 6/5 stars.

nice little trail, lots of little offshoot trails to explore