Great Hills Park Trail

Great Hills Park Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Awesome hike, pretty trail, a lot of variation, the only thing i didn’t like was the walk after to the car through the neighborhood, be aware that in the middle of that is an opening that connects with the trail and is kind of a loop.

Pretty, lots of creek crossing. Take your bug spray though, and if you're bringing dogs bring a towel.

This is only my second official weekend in Austin after relocating for a job, so I needed to do some exploring. Got on this app and saw that this trail was less than a mile away from my apartment. It doesn't have any super steep climbing to do, but is very picturesque as you follow a small Creek the whole way. A little hot for a hike, but it was really shaded so it wasn't too bad! I will be coming here as often as I can since it's so close.

Priceless trail in Great Hills.

Ran here again recently. In my last review I talked about how rocky and rooty this trail is. Well it is rocky and rooty, but after running at various other trails in the Austin area, I gotta say that you could actually get the same stuff but a lot more of it at some of the other trails, trail systems. Don't get me wrong: these trails here are still way cool. I think I just typed a but hastily last time.

This time I actually saw some other people, and I didn't run back down the trail but instead looped around on the road like the map has. Also, a deer was on one of the trails and wouldn't leave, so I had to go the other way, which was fine.

Short but sweet mostly hidden from the surrounding neighborhoods