Government Canyon Loop

Government Canyon Loop is a 12.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This is a nice stroll but they might want to mention it's open only on FRIDAY, SATURDAY SUNDAY MONDAY 7am- 10pm

Not the most difficult hike in the world. Pretty flat, just takes a little time. Dinosaur prints are pretty cool though.

Love this place! We will return and take more trails!

good great place to hike. many years visiting SNA, no idea here. overcast day was perfect with 70 F.

Awesome place to just get a quick hike and escape!

Awesome place to run n hike just make sure to take plenty of water. worth every penny

Monday, October 03, 2016

It was a great hike for novice hikers. Had a variety of trails from easy to moderate. Various terrain; meadows, small rocks, dirt, big rocks. It was a perfect day weather wise 60-80 degrees. We hiked 10 miles through a combination of trails that took us to the protected habitat area. About 600 ft of elevation variance I think.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Nice...good elevation and challenge for new hiker like me

Monday, October 05, 2015

Great warm up trail.

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Great time with multiple trail options depending on your time, great scenic routes for hiking and biking just make sure you take water because you can definitely spend a long time in the wilderness, easy to follow trails.. I give it 2 thumbs up

Saturday, March 21, 2015

This is the trail I saw my first painted bunting at and was wondering how a bird could be so beautiful. Wow it was in the meadow grass savannah area on a loop of the meadow itself not near the main trees and shrubs. However I did see one there too on another trip. This section allows dogs. It is completely flat and shady which is good in summer. Go to the other trails without dog for way better hills etc.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Great easy trail, nice and flat. The dog loved it.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Good place to go if you want a long distance workout. I have hiked all 47 miles of trails throughout the place. More than 50% is very rocky and hard on your feet so wear double socks or use padded shoe inserts. You will wish you had if you go over 8 miles here.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

I gave this trail a 3 only because its the best I could find. Flat, boring, not many views

Saturday, March 03, 2012

This is a nice easy trail for anyone of any age.