Gorman Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bend, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the intersection of U.S. Highways 281 and 183 in Lampasas, take FM 580 west 24 miles to Bend and follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance. From San Saba, take U.S. Highway 190 about 4 miles to FM 580 and follow the signs 13 miles to Bend; follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance.

The hike is worth seeing the falls. Like the description says it's gets a bit tough at the end, but most of the trail is flat and in the sun. There are bits of shade under patches of cedars, but it is mostly sun. There are not any picnic tables but there is a nice platform with bench seating. Bring lots of water, snacks, and good shoes. You cannot access the falls, but the Colorado River is very near. It is a bit strap and muddy to get down to though. Looking forward to my next opportunity to hike again!

Gorman Falls is pretty amazing. Most don’t picture lush green vegetation when you think of Texas.

I’d recommend going early in the morning (say, before 10am) because the light cuts through the trees and hits the blue/green travertine deposits just right.

falls were beautiful!! the trails were just rock and cactus.

Nice trail, very very little shade until you reach the falls. If you have Sprint you won’t have service at the bottom. When I got to the visitor center I didn’t have service there either. Nice hike, pretty views at the falls and of the Colorado River!

I would rate this 4 stars as a trail but 5 for the overall experience. As others have said, the trail itself is rocky and often devoid of shade. But it's a short hike to the falls, which are absolutely worth a visit. Just bring lots of water and wear a hat during the summer, and you'll be fine.

Great trail took the dog and the kids and all did great. We lucked out and arrived after a thunderstorm so temps were down. Rangers put out several water coolers along the trail which made things that much easier. Final descent down the rock portion was made easy with the railing but it can definitely get slick when rocks are wet. Overall a great hidden gem in central Texas!

I can see this being rated moderate, especially in summer. It’s exposed to the sun most of the hike with rocks to navigate. The decent down to the falls is steep but the wire guidelines really help. We had no trouble by being prepared w a lot of water, the right shoes, hats and snacks.
We hung out a while enjoyed the amazing oasis in the desert!!! We cooled off in a smaller water fall and swam in the Colorado river.
I loved this hike and so did my family.
10,12,14,16 and 47.
Went in Aug it was 104, we started at 7:30!
It is amazing!!!

Absolutely beautiful! Just be sure you’re prepared and take water and wear appropriate shoes! Right before you get to the waterfall you have to hold on to a wire because the rocks are slippery going down.

BREATHTAKING. Definitely took some work to get there and I was very glad for my hiking boots, between the many many rocks on the way and the very significant slope at the end right. Worth it, though, because the falls really are one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Great trail. We have hiked it twice and this latest time the waterfall area has washed out a bit but still beautiful and well worth the hike to get there. Hopefully this area will stay preserved for many years to come.

Beautiful trail with one challenging area.

Beautiful Waterfalls! We hiked to Gorman Falls via the Cedar Chopper trailhead and loop and connected to Gorman Falls with the Old Gorman Road. Great views of the surrounding hills and lots of wildflowers. Getting down the last few feet to the Falls can be really tricky even though the cables help. Well worth the effort!

The falls at the end of this trail are truly, genuinely breathtaking. That said, heads up, I can see why the park guide rates this as "challenging". The trail is quite rocky and about half of it is in full sun (though it's lovely blooming meadows if you're there in spring), and there's a big descent at the end. I was glad to have my hiking boots! But it's worth it in the end, if you can get there, and the Tie Slide trail to the river overlook next to it gives you a little bit of a loop on your way back.

We loved this trail. It was very rocky, with a few, somewhat, steep slopes. Especially at the end by the falls. There’s a picnic table with a lovely view of the falls on one side and the river on the other. Great place to eat lunch.

Good trail if you're in the mood for a quick there and back hike. Took a little under 2 hours roundtrip. A little rocky along the way and very slippery going down to the falls. Definitely worth a couple hours of your life for the views of the waterfall. Beautiful.

This trail seems to be one of the most used trails in the park. Right as you get to the falls the trail is steep and would be very slippery if it was wet. If you have younger children you might have to end up carrying them. The falls aren’t as impressive as I would have liked. Bring plenty of water!

Very rocky trail, but worth the view of Gorman Falls at the end!! Would definitely go back.

Decent trail. As stated in other reviews, wear trail runners or boots The trail is rocky and steep heading down to the falls. But the payoff is worth it. The waterfall is like a mini-rainforest. Gorgeous place.

Super rocky so you def have to watch your step! I would say this is more like a medium-hard trail with great scenery (waterfall) at the end. But on the way there, there’s nothing but cactus, rocks, and some scorched burn spots.

cant believe we have this in Texas !! worth every step. hope everyone will go and see it.

Slippery, steep rock near the end. The installed cables make it doable.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Pretty easy trail. The Falls are worth it especially if you're a Central Texas Native. Not much of that around here. I've been to this park many times.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Love this trail; have hiked it many times over the years. If you don't wear hiking shoes at least wear soles with good grips as sections are rock that can be steep and slick.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Tie Slide, Gorman Falls, Old Gorman Road, and Tinaja trails. Not a bad loop. The falls and park ranger house were the best things to see. (Gorman Springs is also a worthwhile trail. I just didn't do it this time)

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Go early in the morning and bring plenty of water! you won't legally be allowed in the falls but the view is outstanding! I have seen many falls around the country big and small but this one is by far my favorite. there is just something so magical about this fall. It looks like it needs to be in a movie. I recommend tennis shoes and water and do it early or at dusk. it took approximately 2 hours round trip and that's with a rest at the falls. I do not recommend you doing this if you are not in good health or struggle with balance because the rocks down the falls are extremely slippery (not wet but they are bare rocks with no texture). my 7 year old did good hiking, this was her first hike, but we went early. just be prepared for a beautiful reward at the end.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Waterfall is beautiful. The rest of the trail is mostly without shade and very very hot, bring plenty of water and a good hat.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The family had a blast, hiking to the falls with a short detour to the river overlook. The only word of caution I can give is be careful on the slippery rocks heading down to the falls itself.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My family and I went hiking this past Saturday and had a BLAST! The trails were well maintained - easy to moderate, and just beautiful. The walk down to the falls is a bit slippery so do please make sure you wear the right shoes and hold on to the ropes provided. We saw many in-experienced hikers slip. There is only one restroom in the parking lot and it smells TERRIBLE. There also wasn't any toilet paper...so, prepare yourself. We took many memorable pictures and will most likely come back to ride bikes/kayak the CO River.

TIP: Bring yourself a cooler for the car (keep shaded) with ice and many water bottles for when you're finished. Snacks are a good option to bring with! They don't call it trail mix for nothing! We also had Camelpacks and I don't know what I would have done with out them. It's hot - and those were great to have.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

We went to Colorado Bend and hiked the Gorman Falls trail, and my gosh was it gorgeous. Our kids enjoyed it and said seeing the falls was definitely worth the hike! We will go again, for sure!