Gorman Falls Trail

Gorman Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bend, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the intersection of U.S. Highways 281 and 183 in Lampasas, take FM 580 west 24 miles to Bend and follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance. From San Saba, take U.S. Highway 190 about 4 miles to FM 580 and follow the signs 13 miles to Bend; follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance.

Pretty easy trail. The Falls are worth it especially if you're a Central Texas Native. Not much of that around here. I've been to this park many times.

Love this trail; have hiked it many times over the years. If you don't wear hiking shoes at least wear soles with good grips as sections are rock that can be steep and slick.

Tie Slide, Gorman Falls, Old Gorman Road, and Tinaja trails. Not a bad loop. The falls and park ranger house were the best things to see. (Gorman Springs is also a worthwhile trail. I just didn't do it this time)

Go early in the morning and bring plenty of water! you won't legally be allowed in the falls but the view is outstanding! I have seen many falls around the country big and small but this one is by far my favorite. there is just something so magical about this fall. It looks like it needs to be in a movie. I recommend tennis shoes and water and do it early or at dusk. it took approximately 2 hours round trip and that's with a rest at the falls. I do not recommend you doing this if you are not in good health or struggle with balance because the rocks down the falls are extremely slippery (not wet but they are bare rocks with no texture). my 7 year old did good hiking, this was her first hike, but we went early. just be prepared for a beautiful reward at the end.

Waterfall is beautiful. The rest of the trail is mostly without shade and very very hot, bring plenty of water and a good hat.

The family had a blast, hiking to the falls with a short detour to the river overlook. The only word of caution I can give is be careful on the slippery rocks heading down to the falls itself.

My family and I went hiking this past Saturday and had a BLAST! The trails were well maintained - easy to moderate, and just beautiful. The walk down to the falls is a bit slippery so do please make sure you wear the right shoes and hold on to the ropes provided. We saw many in-experienced hikers slip. There is only one restroom in the parking lot and it smells TERRIBLE. There also wasn't any toilet paper...so, prepare yourself. We took many memorable pictures and will most likely come back to ride bikes/kayak the CO River.

TIP: Bring yourself a cooler for the car (keep shaded) with ice and many water bottles for when you're finished. Snacks are a good option to bring with! They don't call it trail mix for nothing! We also had Camelpacks and I don't know what I would have done with out them. It's hot - and those were great to have.

We went to Colorado Bend and hiked the Gorman Falls trail, and my gosh was it gorgeous. Our kids enjoyed it and said seeing the falls was definitely worth the hike! We will go again, for sure!