Gorman Falls Trail

Gorman Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bend, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the intersection of U.S. Highways 281 and 183 in Lampasas, take FM 580 west 24 miles to Bend and follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance. From San Saba, take U.S. Highway 190 about 4 miles to FM 580 and follow the signs 13 miles to Bend; follow the signs 4 miles to the park entrance.

My family and I went hiking this past Saturday and had a BLAST! The trails were well maintained - easy to moderate, and just beautiful. The walk down to the falls is a bit slippery so do please make sure you wear the right shoes and hold on to the ropes provided. We saw many in-experienced hikers slip. There is only one restroom in the parking lot and it smells TERRIBLE. There also wasn't any toilet paper...so, prepare yourself. We took many memorable pictures and will most likely come back to ride bikes/kayak the CO River.

TIP: Bring yourself a cooler for the car (keep shaded) with ice and many water bottles for when you're finished. Snacks are a good option to bring with! They don't call it trail mix for nothing! We also had Camelpacks and I don't know what I would have done with out them. It's hot - and those were great to have.

We went to Colorado Bend and hiked the Gorman Falls trail, and my gosh was it gorgeous. Our kids enjoyed it and said seeing the falls was definitely worth the hike! We will go again, for sure!

So beautiful!!! Worth the drive!! Trail is very well marked. Very rocky and some very steep decline/inclines. Bring water. Shorts are okay. Did not see any poisonous plants on the trail. Wish I had more time to explore more of the trails!! Will have to go back to do some camping.

I took the longer route to the falls. Trail is quite rocky, I know dogs are allowed but I probably wouldn't take them on this trail. Kind of bummed I couldn't put my feet in the water at the waterfall but it was pretty. Will definitely visit again, maybe check out the creek next time.

It was muddy because of all the rain but all the walking and climbing was worth the wait to see the falls. STUNNING views. Some areas were moderately difficult to track but nothing too hard. I'm sure it would've been easier if it was slippery and muddy. After you get to the falls be sure to walk left of the sitting area and climb the small rock walk to get to see the cave! It was so awesome.

What we saw was super pretty lots of wild life. Didn't get a chance to finish though my dog looked like he was going to die :/

The waterfall alone is worth the visit.

loved all the hidden details and can't wait to go back to camp!

You have to do it all just to get to the waterfall! It's so worth it!