George Mitchel Preserve Trails

George Mitchel Preserve Trails is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hufsmith, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fitness trail and separate bike trail that is very narrow and filled with tree routes. If you're a taller rider the bike path will be more challenging due to the hanging limbs and cuts in the trail.

Rode it a couple days ago. Bike trail is fine, kind of narrow for me. Bring bug spray! Mosquitos were brutal!

Most of the path is covered which is nice. The trail has been nicely maintained for the most part. I decided to go off on the wet land trail but where the marker stops is where this trail has been overgrown. I did come across several people while walking. Only complaint is that there are lots of horse flies. I recommend long paints and bug spray!

My go-to peaceful spot. I always make sure to douse myself with essential-oil bug spray, but I love this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting wild hogs, a coral snake, skinks, squirrels, an otter and an owl. They are rare sites, but I count myself lucky. A great place to walk with the dogs, jog, or go on the root-laden bike trails if adventurous.

Nice easy run. Some flood damage but nothin serious