George Mitchel Preserve Trails

George Mitchel Preserve Trails is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hufsmith, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fitness trail and separate bike trail that is very narrow and filled with tree routes. If you're a taller rider the bike path will be more challenging due to the hanging limbs and cuts in the trail.

West trail was great. Luckily, trees are marked, the farther in we got. Only wildlife we saw was a squirrel, but signs of rooting in the ground by hogs most likely. Very cool trail. Very wooded and winding. Had to cross a couple of tributaries. Fun! Took us an hour to go in and come back out.

I really liked this trail because it's very secluded and surrounded by trees. It gives you the illusion that you are far from the suburbs. It's hard to find good hiking trails in Houston. This trail is a nice escape from the city. However, my friend and I ran into a copperhead snake right on the walking trail. My friend almost stepped on it and it rose its head in strike position so we turned around and watched the ground VERY carefully the rest of the way. So be careful when walking and keep a close eye on the ground. This snake blended in very well with the sand and leaves. I didn't even see it. Luckily my friend saw it. Be careful bringing your dogs on the trails too. Other than that it was a nice trail. Good amount of sun exposure.

What an awesome place! Accidentally ran 6 miles! It's beautiful and fun!

Great biking trail

Rode it a couple days ago. Bike trail is fine, kind of narrow for me. Bring bug spray! Mosquitos were brutal!

Most of the path is covered which is nice. The trail has been nicely maintained for the most part. I decided to go off on the wet land trail but where the marker stops is where this trail has been overgrown. I did come across several people while walking. Only complaint is that there are lots of horse flies. I recommend long paints and bug spray!

My go-to peaceful spot. I always make sure to douse myself with essential-oil bug spray, but I love this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting wild hogs, a coral snake, skinks, squirrels, an otter and an owl. They are rare sites, but I count myself lucky. A great place to walk with the dogs, jog, or go on the root-laden bike trails if adventurous.

Nice easy run. Some flood damage but nothin serious

Sunday, July 24, 2016

The bike trails are very tight alot of turns corners very very tight small space. In my opinion not for mountain bikes more of a nature trail. I completed the mountain bike trail in 20 mins. Probably not coming back to this park to ride.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Amazing, loved the wetlands area. Hated the mosquitos but definitely going again soon. Very very cool

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I loved it, but I wasn't prepared for all of the mosquitos.

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Trail was washed out in many area. Trail not marked well but beautiful trails and lots of birds.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Very nice scenery, but the trails are more for walking then anything. I felt like I was going in circles the whole time because of all the the snake turns. The coolest part was by the Wetlands but someone told me that part was for walking and jogging when I stopped to take a picture. I would suggest this this trail to hikers or nature buffs.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Great woods trail near our home so it's easy to do on an evening or early morning. Nice loop trail with a small pond on it. Last time we were there the trail was flooded for about 100 ft; the brush was too thick to get around so we had to back-track. A good shaded trail even for a hot day.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good ride today. My Brother and I go twice a week and shred it every time a diffetent way. Great short track.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trail is not to bad. Mostly dry but a lot of damage due to recent rains. The trail that goes over the long bridge is wash out at the concrete covert. Parks put up a orange fence with metal T post so it makes it impossible to jump. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rode the bike trail and tried to take the outlaw trail but it has been closed down due to a housing development. Only got in about 8 miles.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

First time on trail and long time on a bike. Good trail for beginners just stay on the path and don't come off until your ready wi
ll do it again and recommend it for beginners.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Come on people if your going to ride on this trail or for that matter any trail pack you trash out with you!! I found an old bike frame and helmet laying next to the trail. I carried this out and well drop off at a recycle center.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Another great ride today! I usually try to hit this trail at least twice a week. Been riding the inside bike trails but today found the outer bike trail. Rode 6 miles and found a lot more obstacles to navigate.