George Bush Hike and Bike Trail

George Bush Hike and Bike Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Houston, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

nice long flat trail in the middle of greenery, paved road, suitable for road bike

Just a long strip of pavement. Good for biking, not hiking.

Easy and pretty trail with lots of bridges and wildlife, and no traffic noise for the most part.

Beautiful wooded area, lots of wildlife... Trails are well maintained. Easy walk

Nice trail if you like it paved. I went on a week end day and could hear the gunshots from the shooting center close by. There were beautiful egrets along the way. Fair number of bicyclists on road bikes. All were friendly and called out as they passed. Temp was high 40’s when I started and 60 when finished. No bugs, though I bet there will be in the summer.

Sunday brisk walk and the start of a fresh new year. Super easy trail. No need for hiking boots, running shoes are better for this trail. There are a lot of bikers on this trail. So be prepared to move “on you left”.

I love this trail. You depend a lot on the weather though. The scenery is beautiful and the trails are in very good shape.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Awesome 11mile Long Run on this trail, felt great.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Beautiful bridges and lovely nature ! Trail is well paved too

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Flat and paved, good trail for long runs! Lots of bikes, but all were very courteous!

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Fun. easy and flat. Not a lot of traffic.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

It was a pleasant ride. I will definitely go again.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Floods a lot after a heavy rain. Went this week..high water on the trail after the boardwalks. If you Park at the soccer fields, you can utilize more of the trail. Overall, nice place to ride bike.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Nice trail. Family friendly.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Lots of fun single and double track trails to ride. These are my default riding trails when I only have an hour to ride in the evenings. Easily accessible from my home. I have a 14 and a 20 mile option along the bayous from my home to the park and back. Have also done these trails at night which adds a whole new element of fun.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Went riding today and the trails are great.. no mud.. a lot of debris like sticks and leaves on trails but nothing too bad.. I moved a lot out the way or broke em as I ran em over.. seen some deer.. overall very nice ride.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Went for hiking in the morning, saw quite a few snakes. It was hot but beautiful. We decided to detour from our map and go through unpaved muddy routes. It was fun 9 miles hike. The trail was filled with bikers. It definitely seemed to be awesome place for biking.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I don't recommend taking a walk here after 7pm. There were A LOT of snakes. Not sure what kind they were, but it was pretty scary walking back to the car... There were lots of bike riders. I would go back for a bike ride, but not interested in going back for a walk as it wasn't the most scenic. If you like walking on a paved sidewalk, it's probably great before the evening so you don't run into snakes.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

it finally opened today! :) june11/16

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I went yesterday for my first ride at this trail, I believe the best part of it its flooded. I tried to pass the first flooded area in the path, thought it wasnt too deep but as soon as I saw the water up to half of the 29" tires on my bike and still going deeper, I stopped and turned around, that was deep enough for an alligator to lurk under the dark waters. Though you can ride about 5 or 6 miles in the opposite way, its not as fun as it looked down the floody path. If youre planning to ride after 6pm, I strongly recommend to take repellent with you. I plan to go back in a couple months. Safe rides and keep on pedaling. May 25th 2016.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Currently closed due to flooding.

Monday, March 28, 2016

It was a great outdoor experience. We saw snakes in and out of water, ducks and egrets. Then we got chased down by mosquitoes on our way back

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Beautiful hike

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Trail great condition, not to crowded, nice scenery.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

great trail, been going there since I was in highschool in the 90s with my friends and loved ones when I became a family man and still do to this day.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Beautiful walk this morning with my 9 mth old dog. Great weather and plenty of room for the cyclists and the hikers.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Have been hiking and biking in the park. It's 7800 acres so lots of areas to explore. Try off trail hiking and you will be surprised. Have spent many hours in the park on and off the trails. Highly recommend.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

It is nice in a cloudy day, however, In a sunny day, it is uncomfortable due to the lack of big trees. It is also frequented by bikers which makes unsafe for hikers ( at least the day I hiked the trail).

Saturday, July 28, 2012

There is no tree cover at all along the trail. Nice trail, but it floods and no where to go but back. Nice trail by looks but it's not very fun in my opinion.

Friday, November 05, 2010

OK here's the REAL trail: from Fry Rd and Highland Knolls----Highland knolls dead ends at fry, then george bush park begins. Head in about 1/2 a mile and as soon as the woods really start, just before the trail turns south, there's a small wooded entrance to the left. You can follow the partial trail all the way back to an old creek bed and then it turns east and follows the bed. If you go far enough there's a geocaching spot out there that I stumbled on accidentally. GREAT hike, saw wild bore and not another human. HIGHLY RECOMEND.