Fort Hood Trailblazers Mountain Bike Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(44)
Killeen, Texas

Fort Hood Trailblazers Mountain Bike Trail is a 5.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Killeen, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 km Elevation Gain: 41 m Route Type: Loop

I really enjoyed it. I just wish it was longer. In my opinion, it's not really a mountain bike trail. It's more of a rugged, pure hiking trail. I took it in a clockwise direction. Be sure to get a map from the front office and take a compass so you don't lose the trail. I took the blue trail. It was marked pretty good.

They put more time into the sign that you ride under to enter than the trails themselves. It’s pretty much like riding through a pasture that someone cut paths out with a brush hog. Oh and they charge you $6 to get in. I wouldn’t go back if it was free to get in to be honest. After reading the reviews first I was expecting it to be one of the better mountain biking trails instead it was the worst one I’ve rode so far.

Not worth the 30 min. trip there and $3 for military day use. I can find better terrain for free that i can get to from my house on my bike. Great potential, but needs lots of work to make the trails enjoyable.

Fri Dec 28 2018

Its been a long while since I was on the Trails. Each have their pros/cons. But I do know they have at least three difficulties of trails. And yes, they all suffer from rocks and cactus; its Texas, I wouldn't expect less. Do be wary of the odd cow wandering through. Also Hogs, Turkeys, Deer, and rumors of a cougar have been in the area. Green, while water logged following 2" of rain in the past two nights appears to be in pretty good shape. Blue was ignored for a while, the backside of it near the Red trails was wildly overgrown. A Scout Troop took several weeks of labor to clear. Should be good to go. Red Trails. I stay away from those.

Fri Feb 09 2018

For hiking the red trails (good luck finding them) are fun to hike. For riding a bike.....I would not. Tons of trees over the route, branches across the trail, lots of loose leaves/rocks. It’s just a mess. And seriously....what’s up with the lack of trail marks? Don’t the green and red trails get some love?

Sat Jan 20 2018

Very bumpy! And very hard to see the trail markings. We got confused on green trail several times but ended up figuring it out. Have to ride through a lot of brush and can lose the trail easily.

Sun Aug 27 2017

The Blue Trail is amazing to hike. And...it looks like it would be fun to hike. Today, however, the rain has the trail flooded in some spots, very muddy, and super slippery. Take care of you do any of these trails in the rain.

Mon Feb 06 2017

This is marked as a biking trail. There are 3 trails, well marked, green, blue and red, depending on difficulty level. I hiked the green trail, it was OK. The last third is along a road and not excting. Easy hike, maybe I should have done the blue or red instead.

Sun Nov 27 2016

I entered the trail from the Sparta Mountain location on the app/map. Due to the rain the trails are quite muddy. I hiked up to the Sparta Mountain and took the Blue Trail back to my start point. There are lots of rocks and mud along the blue trail. Not for the beginner mountain bike rider. I would suggest (as someone else has) to bring a spare tube and be ready to 'clip out' in one scrambling situations.

Sun Sep 11 2016

FH

Tue Oct 28 2014

We had a fun time got lost in some of it needs to go with map no j or k on it rocks not to bad The climbs were fine will go back

Sun Oct 19 2014

This is a rock garden heaven... bring a back up tube... overall this trail system has huge potential but is unfortunately not as well maintained as it should be.. If you are willing to take some time and have the instinct to feel your way instead of have it clearly marked, you can have a great time out here.. the huge plus on this system is VERY LOW trail traffic... its almost like its a secret for the area... We visit it regularly and again, just really wish it was maintained a bit more.

Tue Mar 26 2013

I enjoyed it. It was pretty rocky and kept you on your toes. Didn't get to ride the whole thing cause I got there late and wanted to be sure I made it back by sundown since I was by myself. I will definitely go back and ride the rest of them. Why are there no routes showing up on this trail?

Sat Sep 22 2012

As others have stated, very rocky. Some sections are too rocky. Good mountain biking though. A lot of small ups and downs. Some of the upper, non-rocky sections can become very boring.

Fri Sep 21 2012

This trail has been updated with more and more to ride. A few of us groom and add trails monthly. From start to finish Dana Peak trail is 18 miles. Great ride.

Mon Sep 12 2011

Slightly difficult trail. A lot if hills and very rocky. Nice area to relax after the hike.

Mon Aug 01 2011

Not for the novice MBer. Very rocky with lots of climbing. Very strenuous !

Thu Apr 28 2011

Very Rocky downhill will sharp turns overall good. Not a lot of people go to it but summer does become popular.