Fort Hood Trailblazers Mountain Bike Trail

Fort Hood Trailblazers Mountain Bike Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Killeen, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This is marked as a biking trail. There are 3 trails, well marked, green, blue and red, depending on difficulty level. I hiked the green trail, it was OK. The last third is along a road and not excting. Easy hike, maybe I should have done the blue or red instead.

I entered the trail from the Sparta Mountain location on the app/map. Due to the rain the trails are quite muddy. I hiked up to the Sparta Mountain and took the Blue Trail back to my start point. There are lots of rocks and mud along the blue trail. Not for the beginner mountain bike rider. I would suggest (as someone else has) to bring a spare tube and be ready to 'clip out' in one scrambling situations.

FH

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

We had a fun time got lost in some of it needs to go with map no j or k on it rocks not to bad The climbs were fine will go back

Sunday, October 19, 2014

This is a rock garden heaven... bring a back up tube... overall this trail system has huge potential but is unfortunately not as well maintained as it should be.. If you are willing to take some time and have the instinct to feel your way instead of have it clearly marked, you can have a great time out here.. the huge plus on this system is VERY LOW trail traffic... its almost like its a secret for the area... We visit it regularly and again, just really wish it was maintained a bit more.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Friday, March 29, 2013

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I enjoyed it. It was pretty rocky and kept you on your toes. Didn't get to ride the whole thing cause I got there late and wanted to be sure I made it back by sundown since I was by myself. I will definitely go back and ride the rest of them. Why are there no routes showing up on this trail?

Saturday, September 22, 2012

As others have stated, very rocky. Some sections are too rocky. Good mountain biking though. A lot of small ups and downs. Some of the upper, non-rocky sections can become very boring.

Friday, September 21, 2012

This trail has been updated with more and more to ride. A few of us groom and add trails monthly. From start to finish Dana Peak trail is 18 miles. Great ride.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Slightly difficult trail. A lot if hills and very rocky. Nice area to relax after the hike.

Monday, August 01, 2011

Not for the novice MBer. Very rocky with lots of climbing. Very strenuous !

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Very Rocky downhill will sharp turns overall good. Not a lot of people go to it but summer does become popular.