Enchanted Rock Loop Trail

Enchanted Rock Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fredericksburg, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enchanted Rock Loop is a 4.1 mile trail located near Fredericksburg, Texas. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Please Note: Dogs are not allowed on the rock dome itself - only the trail loop.

Last weekend I took my 73 young mom on the summit hike then down to echo canyon to get out. Next day we did the loop around the rock. We took the trail counter clockwise. Cutting through the valley between Turkey Peak and Enchanted proved to be a rock scramble for short people and then again crossing between Enchanted and Little rocks was even more challenging, but it was beautiful and we enjoyed both days.

Great day spent hours climbing rocks off the beaten path. Really nice trail, you'll have an awesome time if you ever off the trail and find your own way to the top. I took my puppy and he climbed and loved it! Try the slushies at the bottom of the summit definitely visiting again

Rather than following the hordes up the rock, consider doing the base hike. Much quieter and more peaceful. Greater chance of seeing wildlife too.

Very steep and awesome!

Fantastic trail, great view as a reward!

Hot, humid, sunny, steep....but worth it! Bring lots of water and sunblock.

Killer run around the domes and various granite outcroppings! The climbing here is about the only public place you'll place cams (climbing) for hundreds of miles.

Did about 2/3 of the loop then cut in around the lake to head up a gulley of boulders and around to go to top of rock. The loop is easy, rocks get a lot more challenging. When we went in to the park they told us trail to top was closed because of rain (makes slippery rocks!) but most people were still going up, it had dried quite a bit by the time we got there. Beautiful scenery!

An excellent trail with diverse views and terrain. Not too heavily trafficked so plenty of wildlife. The shade and breeze make it a good option in the summer. Suitable for families.

More like walking. It's an EASY loop. Very pretty scenery. Do the rock first to get your heart rate up then head down and do the loop. GO EARLY-LIKE REALLY EARLY!!!! They close fast.

It's a gravel road. that's not hiking, it's walking

Easy loop hike. It was honestly more like a walk than a hike, but it was neat to view Enchanted Rock from all angles.

Beautiful scenery and challenging trail!

Completed this hike accompanied with a ranger. I was pleased overall.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Awesome Spiritual Hike for me

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Very cool formation, nice offshoots, fun for kids, great town!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Cooked my lunch at the top with my camp stove. Nice climb

Friday, August 05, 2016

loved the view from almost up top. it was too high for me :/ and was too tired due to us getting lost for 1/2 mile...the trail is nice and calm early in the morning lots of tiny frogs, birds, and squirrels and not to mention lizards. we had a fun time but definitely would of been better in the winter.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Had a great time! Beautiful views from the top.

Monday, July 04, 2016

This trail is lovely, go early and enjoy the quiet!