Eagle Nature Trail at Central Texas College (CTC)

Eagle Nature Trail at Central Texas College (CTC) is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Killeen, Texas. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is on the CTC (Central Texas College) campus. It is located behind Metroplex hospital. The little gravel parking lot is located on Ranch Road, about 0.2 miles from the turn off on Loop road. The actual trail starts a bit (about 1/10 of a mile) west from there on the North side of the road (towards Hwy 190/I-14). The trail is a hiking trail that is in places very rocky, but in other places nicely overgrown with grass and then in places it reminds of a forest trail. The trail is 3.1 miles or 5 km long. There are markers at every kilometer. Please note that the trail is closed from time to time when the nearby shooting range is being used. There will be a red flag and the sign will state that the trail is closed. This trail is never very busy. Please note that the very windy trail is located along a creek bed (the trail crosses the trail at least 3 times) and has a very high water table and gets pretty muddy in places after rain. It is a easy to moderate trail and NOT suitable for strollers, wheel chairs etc.

Very nice trail. Took the dogs for a walk but we didn’t get very far cause we ran into a pretty large snake! But we will definitely go back when I find a good walking stick.. Well marked and well maintained from what I did get to see.

It was a decent trail...is close enough to do it again.

Awesome, but if anyone finds 2 keys that are a mail key and a house key on an keyring.. if y’all could message me At (870) 754-0077 I would greatly appreciate it thank you...

Good trail. Well maintained and clear path. Lots of the trail is not under tree cover so I recommend coming early (opens at 8am). Bring some sun screen just in case. I would recommend connecting back to the inbound portion of the trail at the 4K sign and walk it in ‘reverse’. The last kilometer meanders through the open field and is not that interesting.

There is a new sign at the trail head, yeah.... we looped around twice plus did another half loop.... this was the busiest I have seen this trail ever. In 2 1/2h we saw 1 runner, 2 hikers and one person on a bike ..... please note that this trail gets mowed in parts over the summer about every 2 weeks, but it has an issue with water. If it rains it gets extremely muddy in places due to a very high water table near the creek. We usually wait for 3-4 days after a rain event....