Eagle Mountain Lake Park Trail

Eagle Mountain Lake Park Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Beautiful scenic hike in DFW area. Very clean too.

Nice trail. Some steep hills to get the heart going. Great views of the lake. You can get close to the deer.

Amazing trail, my kids really enjoyed!! I only wish they had more seating throughout the trail and allowed dogs.

We loved this trail! Nice length and lots of ups and downs in elevation. Nicely gravel trail most of the way, but a ton of places to go off trail wandering. We saw half a dozen deer right off the main trail, there's also fishing and many options for side loops to make it longer. It was moderately trafficked, a lot of kids, but very clean and plenty of places to stop. We liked the big rocks to climb and look over the lake. This is one of my favorite hiking spots in DFW. Pros: moderately challenging terrain, beautiful scenery, lots of off -trail hiking, having the lake there is nice for warmer weather hikes, wildlife spotting, not much trash, and no bikes! (i hate when I almost get run over by mountain bikes! lol) Cons: moderate - heavy traffic so it's not super quiet; some of the markers are a bit confusing. Definitely recommend trekking poles if you're planning to go off trail, and watch for the slippery mud after rain. Overall, this is one of my favorite trails in DFW for all around day hiking with less experienced hikers.

Pretty awesome trail. I saw more Deers here than any other trails I have been to
Also, the section that goes along the lake shore is pretty scenic, quiet and peaceful.

Awesomeness‼️

Great hike for us to take family from Las Vegas on. We saw armadillos and deer and lots of beautiful scenery.

I was pleasantly surprised on how few people were on this trail for such a beautiful Sunday afternoon! Clean wide pathways. Will do this trail again..

Lots of deer and other wildlife to see!

I've been hiking this trail for a few years and now it's becoming over run with people. it's still a nice trail.

Great trail, but be mindful of the copperheads.

Fun trail with good elevation changes. It was crowded, so if you're looking for a more solo, quiet in the woods tiype of trail, this probably isn't for you. Parts of the trail are like walking a gravel road through open fields, the lower loops next to the lake are nice and shaded. The trail is well marked and defined, if you have concerns about poison ivy, no issues here, it's safe to wear shorts. If you slow down, especially near the lake, there is a lot of wildlife to see. We saw lizards, squirrels, many deer and fawns and armadillos.

Well maintained trail. Looks deceiving when you enter and gives you the idea that this isn't a moderate trail. keep going, the terrain has many inclines and declines that make for a nice 7 Mile workout. The 100 degree temps today made it harder than expected. No bikes, horses, or pets. strictly a hiking trail with very nice views.

I really enjoy hiking/walking these trails. There are a few steep parts, but overall not too difficult. If it's muddy, it can be slippery in a few areas. There are some beautiful views.

One of my favorites! Moderate for sure, but beautiful trails and scenery.

I love this place, great to escape and still close to home.

Great trails. Well marked and easy to navigate. Scenery is beautiful along the shore and on the overlooks.

Love this trail! Fun for a run and fun for the family!

Fun little day hike with some wildlife viewings. Very clean trails but a knock for the boat radios on the lake that were hard to avoid on a weekend... but, what are you going to do?

First timer there and went 2.5 miles out on a trail run Abe 2.5 back. it was awesome!!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Good hike today with my favorite daughter!

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

good hike with nice hilly terrain. pretty views of the lake.

Monday, March 20, 2017

I would love to walk my dog here...if you are of like mind please fill out the online petition using the link below. I've written Tarrant County Water Board several times pleading for them to allow for leashed pets but they have refused to change policy. Perhaps if more people agree they will make this easy change.

Monday, March 20, 2017

I could rate the trail higher if they would allow dogs on the trails. No dogs on trails is an outdated rule, even your State Parks allow dogs on leash.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

I run here all the time. Great trails, very clean with interesting terrain. Plenty of hills with rocks. I've seen deer, raccoons, armadillos, rabbits. squirrels, and snakes. The trails are well marked, and there are some areas with pretty lake views. It does get crowded when the weather is nice.

Please note that bikes and dogs are not allowed.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

First "moderate" trail I've done--finally, hiking worth the name! Surprisingly well trafficked for a Thursday, but I still got right up close to, like, the chillest deer ever. Just beautiful. I fell on one of the steeper bits and scraped the bejeezus out of my arm, and this is STILL my new favorite!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

I took my daughter here today for our very first hike together! I am from Wyoming and miss the outdoors, this was a wonderful hike! We are going to do the longer hike in two weeks! We both loved it!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

My family loves coming here. Plenty of trail options and off path exploring opportunities. Very clean.