Dogwood Canyon Trail is a 7.1 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Valley View, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.1 km Route Type: Loop

fee

This is inside a state park - there is a one-time entry fee or purchase an annual pass.

Hiked the day after it rained. It was pretty muddy but it's a good trail.

fee

Easy but long walk. perfect for a some February day in Tx. Occasionally, we felt swept away to northern New Mexico in the summer.

Good trail, clean, and kept well. Only passed one other hiker and no cyclists.

Great trail. We hiked it with our kids ages 6,8,10.

It is shaded most of the part. Several folks passed by. Very lightly trafficked at this time of year. The section closer to trail head has gravels. Rest is natural earth trail. At the start and one way end there are enough sections to view the lake. Trail head has rest room that is open. Along the trail there are three restrooms that are closed at this time. Please note this trail is inside state park so an one time entry fee or annual pass is needed to get in. It is great trail, highly recommended, especially for folks who want to compose poems in the winter :).

Trail was in good condition. Large number of loops so be careful to make sure you are on the trail you want to be on. $7 gate fee per person FYI

Nice trail. Good condition. Plenty of room for bikes and hikers

Lots of spiders and webs and the loop section is really overgrown this time of year (late August).

I went in early morning and got to be the guy that took out all the spider webs. Seriously, I'm not spider-averse, but it was a ridiculous amount of spider webs to power through. I was covered by the time I got back. I had to get a large branch and wave it in front of me when I walked to clear out webs. Still got a facefull of webs. Large swarms of big biting horse flies too. Trail is listed as a loop but it's really an out-and-back with a little lolipop at the end. Not all that scenic; I saw neither dogwoods or canyons.

Had a blast on the trail. A couple spots had some water that you’ll definitely get your feet nice and wet but overall dry and not too muddy. Which is surprising with all the rain we’ve been getting.

Moderate trail, was not crowded (I ran into one other person). southern tip was slightly flooded. Lots of shade.

Lame