Devil's Hall Trail

Devil's Hall Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and camping and is best used from March until November.

rock climbing

Easy hike with a very beautiful end! Easy for kids and carriers! The whole way has rocked stacked. Double check the signs when you start! You should be following the cannon the whole way!

Make sure to look for the rock cairns when hiking through the wash, as there is no marked trail.

This is probably one of favorite hikes I've done. Short trail and very easy. I loved the rock scrambling through the wash. The views are amazing. I definitely recommend it for everyone.

while the part we hiked was beautiful and fun, after about a mile, we found ourselves off the trail somehow. we had three kiddos with us, and once we found our way back, they were mostly over it, so we turned around to head back. we ran into two other groups who had also wandered off the trail. it would be great to have some be better trail markers for first time hikers. i'm bummed that we didn't make it, bc our little folks were making great progress up until we found ourselves in the wilderness. :). but still beautiful.

This is one of my favorite trails, beautiful views of the mountains and the canyon, easy to walk even in the rocky arroyo. Me and my granddaughter Natalia enjoyed a lot.

great for a short day hike.

Excellent trail with a bit of technical difficulty

Really enjoyed this trail. Easy enough that I did it in the afternoon after I finished the Guadalupe Peak trail in the morning.
The first mile is an easy walk along the wash and the second mile is a fun hike/scramble through the wash over limestone boulders and through cobble.
The geology at Devil's Hall is really cool and well worth the trip.

2nd time on this trail, was a fun laid back short adventure after climbing the peak the day before. Love the boulders in the riverbed, sort of a "choose your own adventure" scenario.

Really beautiful canyon hike! More moderate in some spots and easy in others. Shoes with grip are a good idea! My friend who doesn't hike was able to do with only a few small breaks! I was just visiting the area but I hope to do this one again someday! Absolutely beautiful park!

Beautiful changes of colors in the fall.

Little harder than expected ... but great view

This is a decent little hike if you only have a few hours to spend. The hike up the wash is pretty fun. You are in low areas pretty much the whole time so the views are not terribly expansive. Still nice though. The rock formations once you get to the devils hall are great. Some wildlife around if you are quiet. Had a huge mule deer walk within feet of us. It was incredible. Overall a decent enough hike. Certainly not my favorite but would do again.

First half is in the foothills. Second half is up a wash. Fun little hike. Lots of hikers. Seemed to be the hike to do if don't have a lot of time.