Devil's Hall Trail

Devil's Hall Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and camping and is best used from March until November.

rock climbing

Devils Hall is totally unique and I highly recommend getting there if you have the time, but I don't feel this hike would capture the essence of Guadalupe Mountains National Park if you only have one day. The trail through the wash is fun and requires a little more than just a stroll through the desert. Did this after Guadalupe Peak and enjoyed it

This is a fun out and back trail that leaves from the main trailhead at Pine Springs Campground. Half the trail is through a boulder-strewn wash where you pick your own path. The goal is a narrow canyon with outstanding and unusual rock formations. You access the canyon by climbing a beautiful natural staircase. This trail is a great half day adventure at a little over 4 miles roundtrip. Not much elevation change. Very little shade. Rough and shifting footing in the wash.

Easy hike with a very beautiful end! Easy for kids and carriers! The whole way has rocked stacked. Double check the signs when you start! You should be following the cannon the whole way!

Make sure to look for the rock cairns when hiking through the wash, as there is no marked trail.

This is probably one of favorite hikes I've done. Short trail and very easy. I loved the rock scrambling through the wash. The views are amazing. I definitely recommend it for everyone.

while the part we hiked was beautiful and fun, after about a mile, we found ourselves off the trail somehow. we had three kiddos with us, and once we found our way back, they were mostly over it, so we turned around to head back. we ran into two other groups who had also wandered off the trail. it would be great to have some be better trail markers for first time hikers. i'm bummed that we didn't make it, bc our little folks were making great progress up until we found ourselves in the wilderness. :). but still beautiful.

This is one of my favorite trails, beautiful views of the mountains and the canyon, easy to walk even in the rocky arroyo. Me and my granddaughter Natalia enjoyed a lot.

great for a short day hike.

Excellent trail with a bit of technical difficulty

Really enjoyed this trail. Easy enough that I did it in the afternoon after I finished the Guadalupe Peak trail in the morning.
The first mile is an easy walk along the wash and the second mile is a fun hike/scramble through the wash over limestone boulders and through cobble.
The geology at Devil's Hall is really cool and well worth the trip.

2nd time on this trail, was a fun laid back short adventure after climbing the peak the day before. Love the boulders in the riverbed, sort of a "choose your own adventure" scenario.

Really beautiful canyon hike! More moderate in some spots and easy in others. Shoes with grip are a good idea! My friend who doesn't hike was able to do with only a few small breaks! I was just visiting the area but I hope to do this one again someday! Absolutely beautiful park!

Beautiful changes of colors in the fall.