Dana Peak Park Trail

Dana Peak Park Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Harker Heights, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from October until April. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

Loop trails. Hiking, mountain biking, horseback, trail running. Loops of various lengths and level of difficulty. Rocky terrain with wooded areas that have soil terrain. There are some very nice trails at the far end of the loop, some pump trail areas make it fast and exciting with some pretty gnarly rocky hill climbs. This area is getting better and better.

I def recommend this trail. It has beautiful views. The trails are very rocky so I would recommend trail shoes with ankle support. It's easy to roll an ankle out there.

Great with the kids they can get a great ride on

i took my 2 year old who loves the outdoors and puppies. she saw 4 deer on a really short loop and i cant wait to take her on a longer trail next time.

I loved it. It was beautiful. Take a compass, water and printed maps.

fun trail ! however, the address given is wrong, its off of comanche gap road, not shoreline. dogs had a blast and was great for wildlife photography!

Tons of marked trails without lots of traffic. I appreciated all the arrows and marked trees and bushes to assure me I was on the trail. Many areas had just enough width for one walker/rider, lots of shade on the less traveled trails.

private property

closed

I have been looking a long time for a trail like this. Excellent trail. The only bad thing I can think of is watch out for dog mines. I absolutely love this trail and the surrounding trails. Excellent hiking area.

Didn’t go to far. But not too bad for fort ride in 2 months at 100 degrees.

dog friendly and lots of prettt views!

Pretty easy trail, though there are loose rocks in certain parts. No real elevation gain. Dog friendly (on leash). I didn’t see anyone on a weekday morning. Decent views and a good basic outing.

Fun trail with a hill over looking Stillhouse hollow lake.

Learned these trails with my best friend. Memories are made here. Awesome people ride these trails and lots of hikers so beware. Really great climb/decent and some very technical drops and jumps with some rocks on trail and stumps. Recommend to anyone looking to have fun. Local bike shop Tri-City Bicycles sells excellent bikes near by in Belton to accommodate new riders to professional.

one of my fav MTB trails!

Nice wide trails. Very little shade. Easy enough to walk with kids.

I enjoyed it. Did 8 miles. Some of it was just plain boring.

Not sure about the 6 and change miles. Just did it today for a total of 12.8 miles. Several trails and options to choose and combine. I have done it before and done damn near 20 miles.