Cypress Creek Hike & Bike Trail

easy 167 reviews

Cypress Creek Hike & Bike Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail primarily used by GHORBA.org and as listed on their website as the CCMTB (Cypress Creek Mountain Bike Trail). Trail is hiker friendly. There are a total of 13 trails within the park and all can be combined into one long hike. Trail is clearly marked with lots of offshoots to make up the 13 total trails. There are both paved and dirt trails. Dirt trails are considered moderate though some areas are challenging. Seems to always be an alternate route for challenging areas.

I went hiking there are separate walking and biking trails. although there are occasionally bikers on the walking trail. paved except for at the parking lot. lots of nature, small amounts of wildlife: birds, turtles, etc. near roadway so you will still hear the sound of traffic. good trail though!

Great trails! I’m a first time mountain biker, and these trails are great for beginners with intermediate trails! The community is also nice! I realize I’m out of shape for it, but people would ask if I needed help!

trail was very confusing to follow and was clearly designed for bikers. the path was great for being in the woods and gave some very nice moments along the bayou.

Fav trails to ride in Houston!

This trail sucks! I’ve never been on it. I just wanted to comment something random. Thx for reading.

Today was not a good day for me. I am scared of wasp and bees and I was only trying to do the trail because my husband likes this trail. There were way more experienced people on the trail and I was getting in their way and they were practically running over me and I got lost because my husband was riding very fast. So, I turned around and came back home. I will have to try again in the winter when I can at least not have to deal with 90+ degree weather. I really want to learn this trail to please my husband and because I really want to enjoy it. But today really sucked!

good ride.

5 stars for Houston area, 4 overall. I love this trail. It is fast and diverse with lots to explore. This is a great place to improve your mountain biking skills.

muy buenos trails y bastantes diversos

bridge out
private property

Xxfgv,, xxcnnnxexdnv43, c,. B

Good adventurous trails.

Great time with the Facebook Group, Cypress Creek MTB!! Met some cool people and we will be back soon!

Excellent trail for a city trail. Large areas are paved and easily traversed. Some areas are off road and great for a brisk hike with elevation changes and moderately challenging topography. Trails are well drained and firm in most areas. Some areas are a bit soft. A few areas are washed out. It was pouring down on the day I hiked. I had no difficulty managing the terrain. All in all, great hike for the novice hiker or trail runner.

One of my favorite spots now!!

Great trails with single tracks and lots of man made winds which are lots of fun! Some climbs so be ready to be drained quick if you’re not equipped with the most stamina! Overall, lots of fun and was the only biker there on a Monday at noon! Great park.

Sun Nov 25 2018

Sun Oct 28 2018

Easy paved road for bike ride. There are lots trails in the forest!

Thu Aug 23 2018

Flat and Sandy but with plenty of fun features