Cypress Creek Hike & Bike Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(263)
Houston, Texas

Cypress Creek Hike & Bike Trail is a 7.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 km Elevation Gain: 27 m Route Type: Loop

Trail primarily used by GHORBA.org and as listed on their website as the CCMTB (Cypress Creek Mountain Bike Trail). Trail is hiker friendly. There are a total of 13 trails within the park and all can be combined into one long hike. Trail is clearly marked with lots of offshoots to make up the 13 total trails. There are both paved and dirt trails. Dirt trails are considered moderate though some areas are challenging. Seems to always be an alternate route for challenging areas.

Nice place for casual walking. Tons of people and lots of bikes. I wasn’t sure if you could walk in the bike trails, we didn’t see any shoe prints so we got off that trail even tho it was the more scenic trails. The other trail was a paved road.

This trail is my second home. It’s a great place to practice mountain biking or trail running. The inclines here are severely underrated especially considering the flatness of the area. If you come here please keep it clean, take all your trash out (:

Muy bueno, lo he recorrido varias veces con mis hijos.

Our favourite place to ride and walk.

From home to the 100 Acre Woods

The biking trails offer lots more shade and variety!

I went hiking there are separate walking and biking trails. although there are occasionally bikers on the walking trail. paved except for at the parking lot. lots of nature, small amounts of wildlife: birds, turtles, etc. near roadway so you will still hear the sound of traffic. good trail though!

Great trails! I’m a first time mountain biker, and these trails are great for beginners with intermediate trails! The community is also nice! I realize I’m out of shape for it, but people would ask if I needed help!

trail was very confusing to follow and was clearly designed for bikers. the path was great for being in the woods and gave some very nice moments along the bayou.

Fav trails to ride in Houston!

This trail sucks! I’ve never been on it. I just wanted to comment something random. Thx for reading.

Today was not a good day for me. I am scared of wasp and bees and I was only trying to do the trail because my husband likes this trail. There were way more experienced people on the trail and I was getting in their way and they were practically running over me and I got lost because my husband was riding very fast. So, I turned around and came back home. I will have to try again in the winter when I can at least not have to deal with 90+ degree weather. I really want to learn this trail to please my husband and because I really want to enjoy it. But today really sucked!

good ride.

5 stars for Houston area, 4 overall. I love this trail. It is fast and diverse with lots to explore. This is a great place to improve your mountain biking skills.

muy buenos trails y bastantes diversos

bridge out
private property

Xxfgv,, xxcnnnxexdnv43, c,. B

Wed May 29 2019

Good adventurous trails.

Sat May 18 2019

Great time with the Facebook Group, Cypress Creek MTB!! Met some cool people and we will be back soon!

Fri May 03 2019

Excellent trail for a city trail. Large areas are paved and easily traversed. Some areas are off road and great for a brisk hike with elevation changes and moderately challenging topography. Trails are well drained and firm in most areas. Some areas are a bit soft. A few areas are washed out. It was pouring down on the day I hiked. I had no difficulty managing the terrain. All in all, great hike for the novice hiker or trail runner.