Cross Timbers Hiking Trail

Cross Timbers Hiking Trail is a 12.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Gordonville, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Entry fee of $5 per person.

Nice trail. Having spent most of my hiking life on secluded trails in the Rocky Mountains, it was somewhat different to be hiking past houses and marinas. Great views and plenty of wildlife!

Hiked in 2. miles from Rock Creek today. Nice trial overgrown in places due to recent heavy rains, but the mason lids were a godsend to keep you on the trial. This side was easy with little elevation.

Absolutely loved this trail. 3 days and 2 nights hiking most of the trail. Lots of elevation change and several wilderness campsites. Water is easily accessible if you have a filtration system. I can't wait to go back!

My first solo hike, and my longest. I enjoyed hammock camping very much. There's plentiful water if you bring filtration or treatment tablets. I have blisters but that's my fault for ignoring the pebble during day 1.
Got a bit close to some boar between Stairway to Heaven and the Grate Bridge. I whistled to announce my presence through that bit. Didn't want a run in with boar / wild pigs! I'll be back again soon!

Would be an excellent hike if the weather was better and we were in a little bit better shape, but can't blame that on the trail. It was in good condition however the parking for the trailhead was closed so we had to park in the grass along the road and walk down to it.

Had a great time backpacking this trail about 4 miles in from the trailhead. It definitely has some steep portions so wear good boots. Several solid options for campsites. We stayed at one overlooking a quiet cove. Would have been perfect had it not been so cloudy.

Better than wasting time watching TV! Bring plenty of water, during the summer it gets very hot and humid and you can sweat away a lot of electrolytes.

Had our first backpack/overnight camp here! Wonderful place to start! Camped by the marina on a point looking at the lake! Awesome trip! Level of difficulty is moderate for sure. Lots of ups and downs! Highly recommended. We will definitely be back!

Amazing!