Crockett Gardens and Falls

Crockett Gardens and Falls is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Georgetown, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

About 5 miles if you turn back at the falls. Terrain is pretty technical with a lot of rocks so watch your step. Great views of the lake.

Great scenery and cool terrain. The falls are 2.5 miles from the trail head at Cedar Breaks. So, it is a 5 mile out and back - NOT 7.7 miles as listed.

We will definitely return!

scenic views. great hike. lots of trash and dog poo on trail though.

Good little afternoon or morning hike. Did it with our 6yo kiddo, little scramble in some places but not too bad.
The falls are definitely more interesting than we thought they’d be! Made for a nice payoff and a good place for a snack.

I've been on this trail twice now, and both times I had a blast! Very quiet, low traffic, and very beautiful. Took some nice pictures while I was there.

Trail running here again. If I lived closer to Georgetown, I'd probably run here often.

Trail runners like ups and downs, hills, creek crossings, and other obstacles. This trail has no creek crossings, no big hills and not many ups and downs. But it does have a variety of terrain and terrain obstacles- dirt, leaves, and roots; loose, solid, and sharp rock; foliage creeping in on certain parts of the trail, etc. This place is mostly a good workout for your feet. The bottoms of your feet will be pretty sore after running this if you're not prepared.

One thing that would make the trail better would be a restroom along the way somewhere. There are a few benches, but no doggie bag stations (I've seen a few dogs) and no restrooms. Also the signage is good but a bit old. Still all in all, this trail is good.

As a trail runner, I still really get into the hiking aspect. I like stopping and taking in the views. This place has marvelous views. I like lakes and wide open spaces, so running here and seeing across the lake to the parks and fields on the other side is pretty cool.

great trail for trail running. lots of Sharp rocks so forced you to be on ur tires. good spots to jump in the water too cool off.

there was no waterfall and the lake level was also kinda low so the croquet falls were disappointing

Well worth the hike to the falls. Good scenery and overall trail. But seriously people....pick up your trash!

Awesome hike. I have heard there's a shorter hike for people that don't want to hike the 5.8miles.Its from the backside of the falls. I've hiked up behind the falls and there is a trail but I'm not sure where it goes. The normal 5.8 isn't bad. However once you get close to the falls you have to go through some pretty high grass wich we kind of ran through hoping there wasn't any snakes haha. I think instead of going through the grass you can probably stay along the fence on the falls side and go down the falls.

Nice views of the lake with hardly any challenging ups or downs. VERY rocky terrain so wear good durable shoes and watch your step. Probably not a great trail for small kids. The overlooks are beautiful but aren't fenced at all. Considerable boat noise. Moderately trafficked. We almost got to the falls today, but the last part of the trail was almost completely overgrown with really tall grass that we didn't feel comfortable wading through. Kind of unfortunate as we were really looking forward to it. Dog friendly for the most part, but no poop receptacles. The small stream was no obstacle at this time of year and was barely running. Overall, we'd probably do this trail again. It's free to hike and the people at the gate are very friendly. A map at the trail head would be helpful, as would trail markers.

A great trail for a quick hike. The diversity in terrain throughout the trail provokes caution as you tread over jagged and slick rock. Quaint streams become surprising rapids after most rains, be ready to get a little wet.

Very nice trail, wide, easy to navigate, good lake views, clean, not busy, enough up and down to make it moderate

Great hike, awesome views of the lake.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Absolutely stunning. A perfect mix of terrain to keep it interesting, along with breathtaking views of the lake. The falls at the end are like nothing I've ever seen before and made for a refreshing swim. Highly recommend.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Was wet so some mud and slippery rocks. Just before we got to the falls, there was a small stream that is probably dry most of the time. We didn't cross so we didn't see the falls. Trail was fun though.

Monday, November 07, 2016

This hike was amazing. You don't have to pay to get into the park if you tell the kind little lady at the front gate that you are just there to hike.
The trail was rocky in some spots. The fall itself was breath taking and definitely worth the hike.

Monday, October 17, 2016

This was a really nice out and back Trail with nice variation in terrain. Nothing steep or too much elevation change. It was very rocky so pay attention to where you walk, don't trip and wear durable hike shoes to protect your feet. No water crossing except one area but it wasn't flowing when crossed. It's nice that the entire Trail is 26 miles long around the whole lake so you'll see a lot of backpackers going from one campground to the next. It's mostly shaded from the Cedar Breaks Park to the falls. Except once you get to the Crockett Falls sign directing you to turn right, it's all grown over. We opted to not go through it. But if you keep walking past that sign there's an opportunity to scramble down a short hill on your right to see the falls by the shore. Very nice!! It takes about 1hr 20min to get there from Cedar Break. Lovely hike!!

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Lovely walk, rocky in places. Most people are great about leashing their dogs, though a few people still don't (seriously, people, be considerate of wildlife and people who have dogs who aren't as friendly). Free if you are hiking, just mention it at the window.

Monday, September 26, 2016

beautiful, peaceful

Sunday, September 18, 2016

We only went 1.25 miles in then back, but this was a beautiful hike with some decent elevation to it. There are rocks, gravel, dirt, trees. This hike fed my soul♡ We even met people who left their boat to jump from a ~40ft cliff who gave us advice and lent us their life vests to take the plunge too!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

This was a great hike! Make sure to have sturdy shoes on because the rocks can be brutal. The trail to view the falls is overgrown right now so I had to make my own but it was totally worth it. Make sure when you're entering the park to let them know that you're there to hike and you'll get in for free.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rough on parts and pretty long. Should have gone earlier so it wasn't as hot yet.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

It was a pretty hike with lots of large rocks and small rocks to negotiate. Our dog wore out so we didn't quite make it to the end. We went 5 miles. It seemed a little too much for a 3.5 year old Golden Retriever in 90 degree heat although he drank plenty of water.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Not a bad hike for hill country. This is about 2 miles from our house and we are just now discovering it. We went the day after a heavy rain so the ground was extremely muddy. We arrived around 5:30 PM and only made it to the 1-mile marker before we had to turn back because we didn't want to lose daylight.

I'm not sure how accurate the 1-mile marker is because when we turned back around, I started my pedometer app on my phone to calculate the distance when we got back to the trail head and it said 1.25 miles. Other than the 1-mile marker, there are no signs on the trail.

The hike we did felt a little longer than a mile, but who knows? We only saw 2 people along the way. We will be coming back to finish the hike and hopefully see the falls.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Great hike but heavy terrain. Lots of people with their dogs, good places for your dog to jump into the lake. I would definitely go back.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Good hike, would definitely recommend actual hiking boots as the trail can be quite rough at times and slippery if it rained recently. All in all the trail is good and not hard to follow and gives a good spot to enjoy lunch by the water. would recommend to a friend.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Hiked the full trail on 11/14/2015. It is a good hike, with not too much of an incline. Path is definitely uneven with a lot of rocky terrain. The waterfall to be honest was a bit disappointing...looked more like a grotto. Very nice occasional views of the Lake. Make sure you tell the attendant at the park you are there to hike or else you will be charged to enter the park.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

It was very nice and you get to wade through a small creek at the end of a shady, breezy, beautiful trail as a fish swam across our feet. Lots of birds and squirrels and the sound of the water as ambience all the way through. Also plenty of benches as rest points. Very delightful.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Decent hike along edge of Lake Gerogetown, and easy trail. As of this review on 07/07/14, there were n "falls" Texas is under a pretty extreme drought, so really no water other than a trickle by stream at the end.
WARNING: The coordinates in AllTrails app are wrong, and they take you to a little neighborhood park. Use Google Maps to get you to Cedar Breaks Park.