Coyote Run Trail

Coyote Run Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sulphur Springs, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Looping trail with plenty of visible wildlife activity. Dirt trails that can be muddy during wet season or after heavy rains.

Nice short, shaded, and easy trail. There isn't really anything that stands out to me. I prefer riding my bike down this trail instead of hiking.

Nice, easy, quiet trail with lots of shade and minimal elevation changes. Watch out for wasps attracted to sunscreen! Toilet facilities at far end of the loop. Almost a 5 mile trail. Cell reception very spotty.

Easy trail. Elevation changes barely noticeable. Mostly flat.

This is a very peaceful location. My dog and I ran most of it since it is quite flat. We ran other parts of the park since the weather was very grey and windy and there were only a few other people visiting. It is a lovely location and the lack of car sounds is wonderful. I would have liked a longer trail instead of having to redo parts of it. The wildlife is lovely. There is no cell reception as far as I could tell so be prepared to be out of touch for a lovely walk.

I visit this trail 2 or 3 times a month, great 2 hour hike on a loop trail. Beautiful scenery.

Hike was well marked and well maintained. It was pretty cool to see the Hog, Coyote, and what appeared to be raccoon prints in the path. However, I do think it should be considered an "easy" route since there wasn't much challenging about it.

Monday, June 26, 2017

nice wide trail! clearly marked...great family outing!!

Monday, April 03, 2017

My husband and I took our 10 and 11 year old daughters and 5 year old son on this journey. We all enjoyed and found 3 geocaches.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Had a blast hiking this one with my wife and one of the Rangers here.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Well maintained. Pretty smooth. Mostly shady.

Sunday, April 23, 2017