Learn more

Cottonwood Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frisco, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 59 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

partially paved

I’m pretty sure this is a golf course now and not open to the public. Maybe I missed the actual trail?

Pretty creek side trail inside heavily residential area; wide paved trail suitable for walking, biking, dog walking. Parking at the golf place on Teel Pkwy. We saw a hawk and an egret along the water.

Great short-distance trail and view. No parking at the 3 entry points I've been through. There's definitely a lot of dog/cayote pooh like another reviewer said. overall I will still keep going. Hopefully I will find a parking lot soon.

great trail

So sad unless you were planning to walk through a neighborhood to target and back...

Sun Mar 24 2019

This was a good paved trail. Lot of people walking, running, and cycling. Very populated.

Sun Oct 14 2018

Omg I love by this trail it is awesome to ride on a bike considering I am and eleven year old I have the energy to ride like 10 laps it is great nothing gets old

Mon Apr 30 2018

I agree with previous review. Paved, but nice views I have also seen the poop on the trail. I was initially annoyed, but realized later that it was from coyote, not pet owners. Coyote was observed in narrow green space by soccer field too. Unfortunately this is not a good place for adult bikers. The ride is made too dangerous by kids and dogs not kept to the right.

Sat Nov 25 2017

This trail is a hidden gem in suburbia. Though paved, it offers nice views of some ponds and creeks, and a chance to observe wildlife (birds, frogs, squirrels, dragonflies, etc).

Mon Sep 04 2017

Frisco-Great job in saving some land for hiking trails. Frisco-Shame on you for destroying the natural beauty of that land by covering the paths in concrete.

Sat Aug 12 2017

Wide concrete pathways with several surface level bridges over creeks and near several small ponds. There are a few slopes - path is gently graded throughout. Path is mostly lined with trees and bushes. Good for waking, jogging, biking, stroller waking and wheelchair use.

Fri Jul 21 2017

Great run!!! Enjoyed the trail

Sun Jun 25 2017

Sun Jun 04 2017

Pretty but I prefer to hike on dirt not cement also lots of dog poo on trail.

Sat Mar 18 2017

This trail would be really nice but for the following: * Excessive dog feces throughout * Trash litter everywhere, and * Dog owners not having their dogs on leases.

Sun Mar 12 2017

Being just shy of 2 miles from Wakeland over to Teel (not doing the loop part) has been a great trail while training for a half marathon as we build up mileage. It allows for parking at Wakeland and then we run down and back until we hit our miles. Would be nice to have some lights that cover the trail at night. Those kind on the ground that shone just a little so it doesnt impact wildlife bit gives enough light to feel safe running in the dark.

Tue Oct 25 2016

under construction. paved trails. definitely has potential!

Tue Jul 05 2016

We walked the trail as long as we could stand the humidity and it was a decent trail. It will probably be a lot better once the construction is complete. There was a lot of trash and debris around the trail, which was disheartening. It also isn't a loop trail.

Sun Jun 12 2016

There is where to park to access the trail!