Colleyville Nature Center Trail

Colleyville Nature Center Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colleyville, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a nicely shaded trail with lots of wildlife to see along the way. The trail is short and ends with exits to the surrounding neighborhoods. The neighborhoods are very nice however so we chose to walk through a little bit of it. I'd given this a five if it offered more trail walking within the park itself.

Walked this just after sunrise a few hours after an early morning storm. I love how woody and secluded it feels in parts. The paved walk is fairly short and goes into a neighborhood for a short bit but still nice. Some of the paths were washed put after the storm. Nice blend of paved, gravel, and dirt paths. Clean, nice picnic areas, fishing, and a few play areas for kids but stil very trail oriented. Lots of ponds and bridges, marshy area, and the peaceful.sound of running water. I'll come back when it is drier and walk the trails. l

I do love the area! This is a great hidden gem right smack dab in the middle of Colleyville. But be aware that this trail is closer to one mile than two.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

so much tree cover, which is great on a bright, cloudless day, but this is more like a little park than a trail.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Excellent beginner trail. A mix of paved and non-paved trails. It is a hidden secret, because I've lived in the area for 9 years and drove past the neighborhood where the park entrance is every day and never knew the nature center was there. It is my new favorite quick getaway. Great for a little Date Night Trek, with a few benches, a few ponds, and plenty of trees. Nice peaceful haven.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Great! Good variety of birds!

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Nice trail very easy, trail not marked very well there is a map at the trail head but little hard to understand, but over all very easy to find your way. Nice place to take photos and feed the ducks. The trail was much shorter than I thought. I enjoyed the bridges on the trail and there are signs alone the trail that share about nature, wildlife and trees etc. over all it was nice. There is a paved portion of the trail for those who need a clear smooth path. You can see houses from the trail, which at some parts gets close to back yards but not bad if you out just for a nice walk. Somewhat noisy lots of people, bike tracks are common but didn't see any during this hike. We will go back for a short hike no gear needed.

Monday, May 27, 2013

This is a perfect trail for dogs, kids & a leisurely walk through the woods! It is beautiful with lots of wandering trails and small lakes. Take your kids fishing here or take the dogs for a walk & let them play in the ponds. There are picnic tables, a playground, mountain bike trails, and plenty of fowl to checkout too! We were able to get in a total of about 3-miles with our dogs & they loved it! We'll definitely be back. :)

Monday, January 03, 2011

We went here because it was in our hiking book "60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Dallas" and had an enjoyable walk but as far as classifying this area as a trail or a hike it just did not cut it for me. There are absolutely trails and paths all over this small parcel of land and you are never really following a particular route. There are a number of small ponds with water fowl, a nice variety of birds in the trees, but you are frequently looking into someones back yard at the same time.

The bonus of the day is that there are three geocaches in the area that makes up the nature area. We are glad that we went but would not recommend it for anyone that is really looking for a true hike along a trail system.

Friday, October 21, 2016