Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail (CLOSED)

Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail (CLOSED) is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Belton, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

bridge out

old growth

closed

Chalk Ridge Falls is a great park with a huge area for trails and recreation.

Been here multiple times
Never gets old

dog friendly. small creek. just gorgeous. very easy to get lost all day in.

Love this! We are stationed at Fort Hood and I Love this beautiful area! It's nice to get away and enjoy. It has a large area to hike around and walk around. Waterfalls, pretty blue river and crystal clear in areas. Pet friendly. Suspension bridge is pretty cool to walk across too !

Not happy about the amount of trash that is left there. Lots of trash around water..and all over the trails, some of the trail markers were also pulled out of the ground

We checked the park out yesterday. It's a pretty place, and I love the falls, but we should have waited longer after the rain. It was quite muddy and we ended up with soaked boots. It was unfortunate to see how much trash people leave or dump there, and we didn't find the trails to be super well marked. There are red and blue (and maybe green?) posts to mark certain sections, but there were several smaller trails leading other places that weren't marked at all. All in all it was very pretty but we'd wait till it dries up before going back.

it is open, apparently it was closed for 3-4 months for repairs, wish they had put up a sign to let people know.
There are 2 marked trails, the red is better than the blue and you can do both same day. The red hugs the river. There is a suspension bridge, which is fun. very popular, parking lot was full by 10 am, but easy to park off road. Only disappointment was many discarded plastic water bottles . I am bringing a garbage bag next time I go

I just stopped at the Stillhouse office on 1670, the counter person informed me that Chalk Ridge is open as of 3/1 (yesterday) .... just an FYI