Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail (CLOSED)

Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail (CLOSED) is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Belton, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

bridge out

old growth

closed

Chalk Ridge Falls is a great park with a huge area for trails and recreation.

The suspension bridge and waterfall are cool. The water is the most clear/beautiful color! Saw a couple gopher snakes, but still freaked me out as we were getting deeper because the trails are confusing. Honestly, felt I would get lost if I kept going and scared to run into something worse. It's interesting though, you can find areas that are completely green and then you walk over and it's like you're in the desert.

PS- I hate to say this and I've never had to say this for any other trail- but it felt like there were some creepy people lurking as well. I didn't go alone and I wouldn't go alone.

This hike is poorly maintained! While the scenery was beautiful there was garbage everywhere, spider webs so thick it's hard to enjoy the view. It definitely was a moderate hike but the things above made it hard to enjoy.

it was beautiful! We went with four kids, the youngest was 19mths, and had a blast. The Little one had to be carried.

Here daily for a workout. Love it. Watch out for wildlife though. Snaked and bobcats are out!

Been here multiple times
Never gets old

dog friendly. small creek. just gorgeous. very easy to get lost all day in.