Cedar Mountain Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Hill, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Cedar Ridge Preserve and the Cedar Mountain Preserve Trail are temporarily closed for repairs. Set re-opening date is September 2018, but please contact park for more information before visiting.

Closed for maintenance. Open again Sept. 2018

Seester time! We needed one more hike in before our day ended. Since this is right beside the Cedar Hill SP, we chose it. I’m sure it is sooo much better when it isn’t muddy. It rained many inches last week and the trail was a mess. Another obstacle was the improvements being done near the road. It took as a while to figure out how to get to the trail. Once that’s complete I’m sure it will be great again. We will need to do this trail again.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

very enjoyable!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Chill easy trail that is free. And close to tge city

Monday, April 11, 2016

Great for a few miles and some decent terrain.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Okay however it's too short and not very challenging.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Pretty simple trail. Too short for my liking, but I ended up turning back and taking a trail off the main path (which is a no-no) and hiked straight up to enjoy a lake view. That short hike up was challenging a bit, which I liked since it was a short trail. A copperhead was killed there so be safe if you take the no-no route.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Very scenic! There are a lot of hills to climb up and down. Definitely a good cardio work out.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Short and sweet. Would give it 5 stars if it were longer. However, I can't really fault it because it is right next to (and shares a parking lot with) the Dogwood Canyon preserve. Dogwood Canyon is great as well!

Thursday, March 30, 2017