Cedar Hill State Park DORBA Trail

Cedar Hill State Park DORBA Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Hill, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

I hiked the blue loop (7.2 miles) and the red loop (12 miles) this week. There are large sections of the trail that are thick with bluebonnets right now. I also saw a bobcat and a large rattlesnake.

I hiked the 8 mile trail. It is a beautiful trail. Lots of bike traffic today. That slowed me down a bit. Other than that it's a great workout and the perfect time of year because of all of the flowers that are blooming.

such an awesome trail! hiked the 8 miles today with a friend and we had a great time. dirt trail mostly trees about half shaded and a little lake views.

muy bonito.muchas

Very good,

it's a good trail to hike but watch for cyclists coming the opposite direction. I try to jog the trail but can't do that all the way with the cyclists. They are courteous but will break your pace. The scenery is nice, shade for most of the way. I usually do the 8 mile trail. I usually hike here once per month.

Not a bad trail....when it doesn't rain and make the trail super glue. I struggled through three miles. But it looks to be an amazing trial when it's dry.

I won some, trail won some. Quite a nice challenge. I'll be back soon to challenge it again

Nice trail did not get to finish at a flat beware of the cactus

multiple trails, moderate to easy. Easy access, but usually you see a fair amount of people.

8.6 miles. After 2 it all looks the same.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Very enjoyable hike. Cyclists were courteous, but the trails are narrow enough that you will have to give way. Bluebonnets and other wildflowers in bloom. Of note the 8 mile trail tracks northeast to the fire road and then southwest and west over the prairie. The trail map provided by this app doesn't reflect that. Look for Christina Williams' track for a more accurate representation of the DOBRA blue trail.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Close to home. Shaded trails.

Friday, March 24, 2017

The inside leg of the green route (the 3mi loop) is a lot of fun for hiking. Overall a very manicured trail. Hardly any litter. And I saw a little garter snake!

Monday, March 20, 2017

This trail is actually 8 miles. There are a lot of nice scenic spots to stop and just take it in

Monday, March 20, 2017

Have done the 3 & 8 mile loops. Varied terrain makes some spots more challenging, but the trail is well defined & well maintained. Notice at the beginning that bikers go one way, hikers the other. Very nice overall experience.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Very enjoyable

Friday, March 03, 2017

that was a great walk

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Trail running. Fun path with all kinds of terrain, turns and elevations. Did the green and blue loop. Not a very shaded trail so glad we did it on a cloudy day and had water on us. Trail was well marked and always friendly encounters with other hikers and mountain bikers. Can't wait to go back and add the red loop.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Very nice weekend hike! The trails are narrow and we had to step to the side often to allow bikers to pass, but it was always a friendly encounter. Would recommend.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Lots of bikers but great clean trails

Saturday, December 31, 2016

loved the trail only issue would be traffic flow of bikers while hiking. beautiful hike!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Good Mountain biking trails

Monday, October 24, 2016

This should be tagged with SPIDERS :(

I'm sure that this place is pretty cool, on an overall basis, but I had an awful experience. My boyfriend and I went at the end of the day yesterday (on a Sunday), and we just wanted to hike for an hour or two. We didn't know we had to pay an entrance fee (which in retrospect makes sense for a state park), so that sucked since we weren't going to be there that long.

But anyways, my main point is to say - If you don't like spiders, DO NOT go on the Dorba trail in October. We hiked about a mile into the trail, and suddenly realized we were surrounded by them, and they were huge! I have terrible arachnophobia, so this was a huge issue for me.

Yes, I realize we were walking into nature's environment, but I'm just posting this as a warning for others who enjoy nature but hate spiders like I do. They were literally everywhere, hanging down from all of the trees, on either side of the trail, and they were low too, so if you weren't paying attention, you would in fact run into them.

I just read that it's prime spider season (which I didn't know), so I just want other people to be aware.

Again, I'm sure the park is cool, but just wanted people to know!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

it's really great trails

Monday, September 05, 2016

awesome place.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Awesome trail!!!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Solid trail. I did the 8.5 mile but on the way back they diverted us due to a section of trail that was flooded

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

It was fine until I got to tired