User could not be found.

Cedar Brake Trail

moderate 579 reviews

Cedar Brake Trail is a 3.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 km Elevation Gain: 76 m Route Type: Loop

partially paved

The preserve is closed on Mondays. Note: Trails in the area may be closed after recent rainfall.

Took a short route today, to avoid the rain. Still great.

came back from Tuscon where I was hiking in the mountains on very difficult trails. I gave this a 4 because this is about as good as you will find in DFW area.

One of best trails in DFW

Definitely a little more than I bargained for, but I made it through the multitude of elevation changes! Beautiful trail and lots of scenic views. Wide, clean paths and excellent signage/markers. I felt so old as people ran past me or even lapped me, but I was still out there and finished the trail (plus another one) so I am very happy. Glad to have visited today. Watch out for tree roots and slippery rock surfaces.

A really enjoyable moderate hike. Quite a lot of elevation change for North Texas. Highly recommend.

moderate / difficult terrain. very hilly

Boring scenery, not much to look at. No wildlife.

Pretty good trail! Very shaded. Will get your heart rate going. Has a scenic overview. Would go again.

This loop combines multiple trails at Cedar Ridge Preserve for the perfect distance for us. A lot of uphill steps by Dallas standards with some nice views (again by Dallas standards) as well.

This trail was perfect for us as beginners. Was just enough to get our blood pumping. Was really lovely. A good number of people out and about, but we still enjoyed a lot of alone time on the hike. There was a little bit of fall color to take in, too :)

Well marked. Well maintained. Good training trail for runners.

Nice day to get out of town and see some nature while in Dallas — variety of trails was fun — did a touch over 4 miles and saw lots of the park

Beautiful day - beautiful hike

Very good trail. Slightly tougher than moderate. At Someplaces trail splitted into multiple and confusing to decide which way to go. Very nature. I loved it and everyone must go atleast once

One of my favorites

Easy to follow! Lots of spider webs so be careful!

The trail itself is a 4. What makes it a 1 is hundreds of unconsiderous people. I heard rap, hip hop, rock, all kinds of music playing loudly without headphones. I also was bumped several times. 7am on a Sunday and at least 200 people on the trail. I go hiking to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Not here folks!

Best trail we have found in the dfw area. can be Intense for those with a low fitness level

Very fun trail! Not a ‘stroll-in-the-park’ trail. Gets you sweating!

Took the long trail which was more on moderate to hard because of the steps up and down. No sights to see, nice for experienced hikers who have stamina for this trail.

Very well maintained and clearly marked. The views ain’t half bad, either!

The trail was fun. Good mix of easy and hard. Lots of elevation. Great view.