Cedar Brake Trail

Cedar Brake Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I think this is as good as it gets in the Dallas area! Usually crowded on nice days with a mix of hikers, runners and dogs.

Bluebonnet Trail
22Jun 17/5:00 pm
98% shaded trail.
Trail loops.
9/10 mile.
Some mild inclines. Trail is very clearly marked. Has a rain shed, a lookout hut, and a few benches along the way. Even for a mildly hot Dallas day this trails shade was amazing.

1st hike and it was awesome!

Living in downtown Dallas, this is my getaway. I go here before most people have woken up and it's quiet and serene. If you wait much past 8 am on weekends, it's the place to be apparently. The best run I've had there was a rainy morning and maybe only saw 1 or 2 other people once out on the trail. It's definitely a good, challenging run in a unexpected location.

Visited on a Saturday a few months ago and though there were lots of people in the resting/trailhead area, we didn't encounter as many of them on the trail we chose (several options). It was rather empty and the reason we figure this happened was because it was as the longer distance trail. It was perfect, very challenging. We eventually got to an area with a pond where we sat and rested, and also a tower we were able to climb and have a view of what I believe is Joe Pool Lake.

Nice place to go with family, including the little ones.

For those who say this is moderate, try running it in high humidity. This is a great trail of you specifically want a good hike/trail run! I was only able to run half and it connects to so many other trails you can get a great workout. TMI but I sweated to the point it looked like I peed myself and I hardly ever sweat. Again this really isn't for scenery if you want an outlook over the place but it is scenic in the sense you're surrounded by vegetation.