Cedar Brake Trail

Cedar Brake Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

18 minutes ago

wooded and easy to follow trail, decent outlook spot, overall very nice trail I'd call it more moderate.

This one kicked me in the backside! I’m just now getting back in to hiking and should have done a much easier trail. I was not ready for the up and down climbing. I’ll try this one again in a few months after a bit more conditioning!

This was an easy trail, but getting to the actual trail was a little tricky. You first have to take Cattail Pond Trail, and that leads to Cedar Brake Trail. Lots of the photos above are actually of Cattail Pond, which is NOT the same as Cedar Brake. For anyone who wants to do a sunrise/sunset hike (which is what we aimed to do), I recommend taking Cattail Pond Trail instead of Cedar Brake. All in all, nice morning hike.

Nice