Cedar Brake Trail

Cedar Brake Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

excellent trail for being in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. a lot of steep inclines and drops make this trail and it's sister trail worth doing. You will be be bored

App says 250ft elevation change—thing is you do that over and over! More up and down then I expected but was a Blast! Much respect to the folks that were running this trail!!

wooded and easy to follow trail, decent outlook spot, overall very nice trail I'd call it more moderate.

This one kicked me in the backside! I’m just now getting back in to hiking and should have done a much easier trail. I was not ready for the up and down climbing. I’ll try this one again in a few months after a bit more conditioning!

This was an easy trail, but getting to the actual trail was a little tricky. You first have to take Cattail Pond Trail, and that leads to Cedar Brake Trail. Lots of the photos above are actually of Cattail Pond, which is NOT the same as Cedar Brake. For anyone who wants to do a sunrise/sunset hike (which is what we aimed to do), I recommend taking Cattail Pond Trail instead of Cedar Brake. All in all, nice morning hike.

Nice

This is the trail to take if you want to escape the crowds on the Cattail Pond trail. I would rate this as moderate rather than hard, but it does have a couple of decent climbs. That said, it's probably the most challenging trail at the Preserve.

For hikers with dogs, keep a close lookout for copperheads.

Great trail with lots of tree cover. I don't know if I would rate this as Hard but it's definitely not easy. Nice creeks to cross and a little uphill climbing to do.

Good trail for a crossfit run with a balance of steps and varied terrain to vary your pace.

I think this is as good as it gets in the Dallas area! Usually crowded on nice days with a mix of hikers, runners and dogs.

Bluebonnet Trail
22Jun 17/5:00 pm
98% shaded trail.
Trail loops.
9/10 mile.
Some mild inclines. Trail is very clearly marked. Has a rain shed, a lookout hut, and a few benches along the way. Even for a mildly hot Dallas day this trails shade was amazing.

Living in downtown Dallas, this is my getaway. I go here before most people have woken up and it's quiet and serene. If you wait much past 8 am on weekends, it's the place to be apparently. The best run I've had there was a rainy morning and maybe only saw 1 or 2 other people once out on the trail. It's definitely a good, challenging run in a unexpected location.

Visited on a Saturday a few months ago and though there were lots of people in the resting/trailhead area, we didn't encounter as many of them on the trail we chose (several options). It was rather empty and the reason we figure this happened was because it was as the longer distance trail. It was perfect, very challenging. We eventually got to an area with a pond where we sat and rested, and also a tower we were able to climb and have a view of what I believe is Joe Pool Lake.

Nice place to go with family, including the little ones.

For those who say this is moderate, try running it in high humidity. This is a great trail of you specifically want a good hike/trail run! I was only able to run half and it connects to so many other trails you can get a great workout. TMI but I sweated to the point it looked like I peed myself and I hardly ever sweat. Again this really isn't for scenery if you want an outlook over the place but it is scenic in the sense you're surrounded by vegetation.

Nice....stairs murdered my thighs!

Killer climb

Nice hike and would rate moderate. Pretty busy so be prepared to run into other hikers a lot. Runs into multiple trails for bonus hiking.

If you're looking for a challenging hike this is it!

This is a satisfyingly difficult trail- but wow is it popular. I guess this is the place to go to meet people. I know trails are for everyone but every time I got into a groove I had to pass or step aside for someone. Still, some great up and down hills/steep steps! I didn't really need a pack, could've just carried a water.