CCC Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canyon, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Park at the Palo Duro Canyon Amphitheatre off of State Highway Park Road 5 and walk to the Western most point of the parking lot away from the theatre to find the trailhead.

I would have rated higher if it were marked better. Many of us took the wrong path after the .2 mi marker. Bear right at the next fork and go down. You'll see the CCC laid steps. I'm a 63 year old female 5'2" with no major health issues and pretty active. Parts were challenging but those parts were short. Needed a hand taking some long steps downhill. Worth it though!

I did not take the CCC trail, but took the Goodnight Peak trail (which is not listed, but crosses the CCC at some point) and I HIGHLY recommend it. Goodnight Peak leaves off of the side of the main road going down into the canyon and is a very easy, but beautiful hike that goes out on a ridge line through the canyon. Most of the hike is rocky, but flat. A friend and I had about an hour to burn before dark and decided to take a quick hike out on the trail and we ended up some some amazing sunset pictures. Most of the roads, buildings, and parking lots are only visible for a small portion of the trail and the majority feels very secluded. Goodnight Peak is my favorite trail in PDC and I can’t wait to get back on it again!

My family set out on this “easy” trail and it was far from it. We started our route from the amphitheater parking lot as we knew the steepest climbs were on that side and it was STEEP. With that said the return trip after making it to the top was a breeze. The hike is beautiful with lots to take in including the canyons unique rock formations, vast rock colors, and plant species. Our 8 and 4 year old were troopers with plenty of encouragement. Definitely recommended starting this trail early!

This trail is probably my least favorite I’ve ever been on at PDC. The first part of it has some great views, then it turned into a view of the road, and everything else touristy. It was a switchback trail down the side of the canyon and the trail was narrow and rocky. I took my two dogs with me and they struggled with how rocky and jagged everything was. There were signs saying that the trail is closed from 5pm-12am. Remember water, not much shade and hot as a firecracker.

would not rate it easy. it is easy to get to. close to entrance. Park at viewpoint to the right, hike down about 1.5 miles for part 1. Then it is another 1.5 to 2 miles to the amphitheater. There are nicer hikes in the Canyon , nevertheless this is a good one, not to be missed

Portion of trail closed 3pm-12am but it’s too hot by then anyway. Lots of intersecting trails not marked. Definitely good for beginners though. If you find the trail too difficult you may have made a wrong turn.

all trails closed due to fire restrictions , alot of ants everywhere, black , red, fire, only one shower open, will try again in fall,maybe ill rate it better

Loved this trail, wonderful views

Much higher elevation than the lighthouse trail and other popular trails. My vizsla handled the trail just fine but I would only recommend very athletic dogs for this trail.

This trail is fun! From serence quiet sections, to walking ridges with a big of challenge (I have a fear of heights), I really enjoyed this trail. This was my afternoon hike, after having done the Lighthouse trail in the morning. Pretty easy even with some elevation changes.

I liked the trail. I started in the ampitheater parking lot and hiked up and back. Took about 2.5 hours. the steepest grades were in the first couple of tenths of a mile. some parts of the trail had quite a bit of rubble rock on it and one must watch their footing. But the views were awesome.

Great trail. DO NOT DO WITH DOGS. Way too rocky, we took our dog and realized too late in. Lots of elevation changes, not too challenging for humans but can be for dogs. And we have a 50lb pit bull mix.

A great easy trail with beautiful views.

Definitely a fun trail for first timers at PDC, good views and a chill mood.

Thursday, April 13, 2017