CCC Trail

CCC Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canyon, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Park at the Palo Duro Canyon Amphitheatre off of State Highway Park Road 5 and walk to the Western most point of the parking lot away from the theatre to find the trailhead.

This trail is fun! From serence quiet sections, to walking ridges with a big of challenge (I have a fear of heights), I really enjoyed this trail. This was my afternoon hike, after having done the Lighthouse trail in the morning. Pretty easy even with some elevation changes.

I liked the trail. I started in the ampitheater parking lot and hiked up and back. Took about 2.5 hours. the steepest grades were in the first couple of tenths of a mile. some parts of the trail had quite a bit of rubble rock on it and one must watch their footing. But the views were awesome.

Great trail. DO NOT DO WITH DOGS. Way too rocky, we took our dog and realized too late in. Lots of elevation changes, not too challenging for humans but can be for dogs. And we have a 50lb pit bull mix.

A great easy trail with beautiful views.

This is a great trail with children. My ten year old son and I throughly enjoyed our hike.

Definitely a fun trail for first timers at PDC, good views and a chill mood.

Thursday, April 13, 2017