Canyon Ridge Trail

Canyon Ridge Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is well taken care of, and the park is well maintained; although I dont recommend doing this one in the afternoon in the summer... its 6.5 miles from start to finish and then back to your vehicle... bring lots of water if you do it over the summer. tons of prairie like chunks of trail (no tree cover).

Eric and Janine, not sure where y'all were but this trail is very well marked and maintained. The Natuture Center is only open from 7 am to 5 so maybe that was the issue. The southern most trailhead is at the same parking spot that is for Greer Island.

This is a great trail but beginners be aware. There are several ups and downs with rock or railroad ties. Great views at the top. Wish the old resting spot still had a roof. The dog loved this hike.

No trail. Seriously. We hunted. There is a park called love circle but the trailhead leads to an empty lot with no way to walk farther.

Park is completely shut down & locked up & the southern most parking area doesn’t even have a road going to it anymore! It’s all overgrown so it obviously hasn’t been accessible for quite some time! Totally wasted my time & gas!!

Very well maintained trails and easily marked.

Definitely the favorite trail I've found anywhere in the area so far. Terrain/topography are steady and mildly strenuous for walking, fairly intense for running. The landscape is beautiful. Very well maintained. We go often.

Great local trails to train on if you’re looking for more rugged hiking

Great out and back trail. with lots of diverse terrain, with nice views, some elevation change but nothing too difficult. Trails are well maintained and marked. Only downside you can hear highway traffic , but the beauty of the trail helps take your mind off of the sound. We will be back to explore more.

This trail pops up under Canyon Lake, Texas which is 1 hour south of Austin and 45 mins north of San Antonio. Unfortunately it is rather far from Canyon Lake - Texas and near Fort Worth Texas- not sure how it pops up ..

Excellent day hike featuring several interesting Civilian Conservation Corps shelters. Sadly the shelters have fallen into disrepair.

The trail features beautiful vistas over the water and enough ups and downs to get your heart rate up.

Great trail!

Great trail, though may be a little difficult for beginners.

Nice little hike. Gets your heart rate up. I prefer loops, instead of there and back, but Will definitely do this one again though.

Nice trail with cool CCC stone work. Some good climbs up railroad-ties stairs.

I really enjoyed the trail. I got out there early before the temps climbed. As was said before, the trail has some steep inclines and declines and it is really narrow in lots of places. The wildlife wasn't out in full force. In one place at least, the trail wasn't marked clearly and I ended up on a side meander in a grassy field that took me too close to the highway. I didn't really want to see traffic. I wanted to pretend I was deep into nature. But I probably should have paid more attention. Loved the scenic views and the old structures left over from CCC days. This is a great trail for just getting away from it for a morning. Also a great trail for getting into hiking condition. Glad I went and look forward to visiting other trails at the Nature Center.

This is a great trail! Very clean and well maintained.

Good trail, challenging with the steep inclines. The trail is very narrow, and you are walking through tall grass often. Passed several people who had already found ticks on them.

We would probably have enjoyed this trail more in the early spring or winter. Grasses over the trail tall enough to hit us in the face. First trail in Texas that we have gotten ticks/chiggers. With the trail being so narrow in spots and the tall vegetation, we were always watching carefully for snakes. Personally, I wouldn't take children or my dog. Watch out for steel pipes sticking up throughout the trail that were originally put there to hold the ties (steps) in place.

Nice trail with some elevation change. Mostly shaded. Saw butterflies, lizards, armadillo and feral hogs.

Directions didn't give the name or location of the park, we couldn't find the trail.

This trail was a lot of fun. It was definitely a work out, but we also hiked it in July so it was a balmy 95 degrees. I'd say it's mostly shaded. It kind of winds down in the valleys and then back up in the ridges. Up on the ridges is where the sun beat down. Be prepared for narrow trails, and several inclines. On the really step inclines, rail road tie and rock steps have been provided. Saw a snake, lots of lizards, butterflies, and armadillos. Took us three hours to walk the trail and then return to parking by walking the road. As always, take plenty of water. Oh yeah, keep an eye out for poison ivy. Some parts of the trail neck down to a foot across or less in some spots. Personally I wouldn't take my young children on this one but that's just me. I was pretty focused on myself in several places and for long durations, just to make sure my step was secure and looking for snakes and poison ivy, let alone keeping an eye on a young child. Definitely worth the five dollars per person to access it.

really enjoy this trail. equal amounts of sun and shade. As it is considered the hardest at the preserve, I have never found it crowded...even on weekends. Definitely worth the $5 fee.

Great trails, but beware for alligators in the water. A fisherman told me they don't really get above four feet or so but even at four feet they got all their teeth. Also keep in mind that its $5 a person to get in. Look up for wild blueberries! Lovely place and well worth the $5, plan on visiting again in a couple days.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

A really good trail! Lots of stairs, inclines, and declines so not good for young children. I had taken my 4 year old, who loved it and did great, but had to tell him to hold my hand on the steep declines.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Trail paths are very narrow and inclines are STEEP so be aware, especially if hiking with multiple people. Very shaded paths, so even with the Texas heat coming at us full force, it still felt pleasant. You do reach a point where you can't really go on with the trail without either potentially falling and injuring yourself, or hitting the main road, so we didn't do the full 3.6 miles, ended up being closer to around 2, there and back. Inclines made it quite the workout though.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lots of canopy cover, with great elevation change. Closer to 6.8 miles. Definitely recommend, $5 a person is well worth it.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Exciting trail run, paths are tight and keep you on your toes. Could use more signage to stay on the right path in certain spots.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Beautiful Trail in a gorgeous clean Park. We'll be coming back for sure!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Nice trail, but wish the road traffic wasn't so loud.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Very nice trail. Good photo opportunities, especially in the morning!