Canyon Ridge Trail

Canyon Ridge Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice little hike. Gets your heart rate up. I prefer loops, instead of there and back, but Will definitely do this one again though.

Nice trail with cool CCC stone work. Some good climbs up railroad-ties stairs.

I really enjoyed the trail. I got out there early before the temps climbed. As was said before, the trail has some steep inclines and declines and it is really narrow in lots of places. The wildlife wasn't out in full force. In one place at least, the trail wasn't marked clearly and I ended up on a side meander in a grassy field that took me too close to the highway. I didn't really want to see traffic. I wanted to pretend I was deep into nature. But I probably should have paid more attention. Loved the scenic views and the old structures left over from CCC days. This is a great trail for just getting away from it for a morning. Also a great trail for getting into hiking condition. Glad I went and look forward to visiting other trails at the Nature Center.

This is a great trail! Very clean and well maintained.

Good trail, challenging with the steep inclines. The trail is very narrow, and you are walking through tall grass often. Passed several people who had already found ticks on them.

We would probably have enjoyed this trail more in the early spring or winter. Grasses over the trail tall enough to hit us in the face. First trail in Texas that we have gotten ticks/chiggers. With the trail being so narrow in spots and the tall vegetation, we were always watching carefully for snakes. Personally, I wouldn't take children or my dog. Watch out for steel pipes sticking up throughout the trail that were originally put there to hold the ties (steps) in place.

Nice trail with some elevation change. Mostly shaded. Saw butterflies, lizards, armadillo and feral hogs.

Directions didn't give the name or location of the park, we couldn't find the trail.