Cameron Park Hike and Bike Trail

Cameron Park Hike and Bike Trail is a 7.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Waco, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Cameron Park is a fantastic system of trails used by mountain bikers, trail runners, hikers and walkers. Each trail is clearly labeled with a name and difficulty rating like that of ski slopes (Green, Blue, Black Diamond, Double Black Diamond), so you can easily pick the trails that are suitable for you. It is heavily visited but the size often lets you feel like the park is just for you. Recent renovations by the city of Waco have added restrooms, water fountains, eating areas, updated trail maps and activity guides. The park also has a full Frisbee golf course and multiple scenic areas overlooking the Brazos River.

Very pretty Hike on the trail along the river. Awesome views from Lovers Leap. Other trails a little confusing to follow and we spent some time going in circles but still a very nice hike.

Great park in city limits. You feel like you’re in the mountains in the heart of Texas.

great trails to hike and bike on

Such an unexpected part of central Texas. On the trails, you almost forget you’re in Texas altogether. The forest is beautiful, especially in the fall and during spring when the flowers are in bloom. The cliff overlooks on the Brazos River are neat, especially if you hike around the fencing. There are trails of all difficulty levels which are marked similarly to ski slopes, but make sure you have a trail map/picture of the trail map handy as it is easy to get lost! I highly recommend checking out the trails if you are in the Waco area, it is definitely worth it!

Low-Speed; High-Temp Trail Run. Cameron Park (Waco) OUT: California (♦) bypass down to Dead River (■); up to Sidewinder (■); bypass to Rio Perdido (■), down to Riverwalk (●). Proceeded to second clearing (+3 miles; +101°F). BACK: Second clearing, back on Riverwalk (●), up to MCC (●), across, up to Highlander (♦); across to Lover’s Leap Park, then down on Babbler (♦♦); up Bat Cave (♦♦) across to Baseball (■) to California (♦) bypass; then to graffiti tunnel (+3 miles; +104°F). TOTALS: Approx. 6.3 miles, (AllTrails). End temperature: 104°F; Fit-bit: 11,024

Absolutely love hiking Cameron Park! I always find different paths that I haven't taken before and the beautiful scenery is never disappointing!

Love walking at this park from Indian Springs park. Never a dull moment.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cameron Park in Waco is just beautiful. Lots of picnic areas with clean restrooms. Too many awesome trails to list. We enjoyed Jacobs Ladder, Lovers Leap and the many trails following the river. A lovely place and super sweet people!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Very well kempt, many trails, well marked, hills, river walk, trees, bamboo groves, an urban oasis.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Great trails, easy to get lost but getting lost means you can drop into a neighborhood. most trails are well marked, others are a little less visible.

Great terrain, some areas get a little challenging but worth it.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Great place to ride for beginners and for the extreme.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Trails are well maintained. Wide variety of terrains.

Friday, September 23, 2016

I ran the river trail from east to west and back. I estimate 5.5 miles. Pretty cliffs. Flat not too flat. Can't get lost. River was pretty. Saw a few boats. Mostly shady.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I used to think this was a 5 star hike before I actually started hiking elsewhere in America. Never the less, it takes nothing away from the trail. I really like it! there are a ton of different variations you can mix and match.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Good enough to drive 70 miles, we love it, well maintained, well marked, even plotted on Google Maps if you loose your bearings. Many levels, from easy riverside strolling to heart pounding hills. Big enough to enjoy nature, traveled enough to feel safe. Multiple visits and we are still discovering.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

We had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon hike. It was well worth the drive up from G-Town. We'll be doing these trails again.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This is a fantastic park. Don't let the easy rating fool you. Too many trails out there to enjoy in one day. Shred it

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Tough cardio! Love it though.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Fun ! Relaxing. Calm all around.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Great place to run, hike, and ride bikes! Watch out for mud!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Beautiful. Weather was perfect (late October)

Sunday, October 19, 2014

This place right here is absolutely AWESOME!!! Various skill levels could spend hours out here.. Very well maintained.. super XC MTB experience.. and everyone has huge kudos for trail etiquette in this area.. totally opposite of trails in Austin.

Monday, October 06, 2014

My wife and I went here for the first time this weekend. We parked and started at the Redwood Shelter on the east side of the park. For a detailed map of all the trails: Our first leg was River Trail, nice and easy trail with beautiful views of the Brazos River. The trail is nice and wide. Very beginner friendly. On the way back we took the Twin Bridges intermediate trail back the River Trail. This one has a lot more elevation changes and I was able to get a little burn in the thighs. The third leg of the trip we took Act Of Faith, another nice trail but with more elevation changes than what we were expecting. Crossed over to Shyst/Pipeline, which in my opinion should be marked as an intermediate trail. In my opinion anyway. We ended back on River Trail and rode it all the way to the park entrance and then rode the River Walk all the way to the I-35 overpass and back.

It is an amazing place to go with plenty of nice trails to ride. Definitely my favorite place I've ridden so far.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Definitely my favorite park in Texas so far. Great tree cover. Reminds me of some good Northern Ohio and Michigan parks I have been too.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

There is a sit for GPS of the trails thanks to Scott with the WBC

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

These trails are so versatile. You can hike, run, bike, canoe, etc. I try to go twice a week as get a nice run in. From the ferrel center parking lot (through Cameron park trails) to mcc and back is 13 miles for those f you practicing for half marathons. It has great elevations climbs and different types of terrain to practice on. Also the trail Highlander is great for mountain biking! It requires so technique and good bike handling skills but a beautiful, fun ride.

Monday, May 12, 2014

We went today for the first time, and I loved the heavy tree cover and solitude. The easy trail next to the river is flat and wide and good for smaller kids. We went on the Highlander trail after eating our lunch, and whew was that a different trail than the river one. It's steep in places, lots of switchbacks, there were 3 mountain bikers on this trail, we politely stood to the side as much as we could. We saw a snake, and plenty of fossils. There was plenty of humidity, but a breeze that kept the heat down, and with the tree cover, there was very little direct sun.

There was solitude once we got off the easy trail, and it was hard to believe we weren't miles from civilization because it definitely had the feel of back woods. We enjoyed it immensely, and next time will try a different section for variety. There's so many trails to choose from. It would be a little nicer to have a map of the trails with mileage points, or maybe the trails marked a little better at points. If you didn't have a map, and kept an idea of where you were, if you aren't familiar with this place, you'd be easily lost.

I can't wait to go back!!!!

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Love riding out here. Vortex is my favorite trial and probably drain pipe will be to when they get done with it.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Had not been here in years...amazing, as you get older they get much harder to ride. I did not brave near as many of the steeper ones as I once would have. Beautiful enclosed area, highly recommend riding for the young...and young at heart.

Might go back and hike these as well :-)