Caddo Lake State Park Canoe Trails

Caddo Lake State Park Canoe Trails is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Karnack, Texas that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, fishing, and canoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

This trail has some steep inclines and descents but is a great beginner trail. It has several interconnecting loops that can be manipulated to create a hike of any length.

Always a pretty spot...the trails are being updated and parts are closed. Staff says should all be open by 09/17

Saturday, July 01, 2017

The park says you have to pay $4 per person in order to hike for the day. There were several areas in need of repairs, a couple of bridges that needed repairs and there was overgrowth in some areas. Met serval people along the trails. Good cardio workout. There were some areas of rock stairs and a pavilion. We had a good time hiking overall.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

We live in Shreveport and we have been twice so far. We love it. It's such a nice getaway. Quiet, beautiful, easy. They even have an explorers pack for kids (free) to use while they hike compete with a magnifying glass, binoculars, sketch pad with pencils and more. I take my sons (5.5 and 2) with me and they complete the trail easily and enjoy it! We have also canoed once and we plan to do it again. The big cypress bayou is just fantastic!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

We canoed and hiked! This was a nice little day getaway from Shreveport! Next time we camp, too!

Monday, January 04, 2016

Fun day trip from Shreveport! We've been a couple of times canoeing and hiking! Perfect little get away!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I took my kids camping at the state park, we went out on the lake in a canoe the next day and had a wonderful time. The scenery is exceptionally unique.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

We did the "old folks playground". We all loved it. Well marked and easy to follow trail.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thus far, this is the best canoe/kayak trail that I have kayaked. The scenery is just amazing, especially once you get into the sloughs off of the larger bayou. I didn't have time to kayak the whole trail but I intend on going back so do some more of it. The camping there is excellent. The camp sites are not crowded together. Awesome place!

Saturday, March 03, 2012

We camped here as a family in September of 2009. While the trails around the park are okay the real highlight is canoeing the water trails around the swamp and river. We rented a canoe for a couple of days and has a great time exploring the bayou. It was fairly hot but under the shade of the thick trees it was bearable for camping. We camped right along the water and had a great time fishing. The state park rents out canoes by the hour or by the day. The park was the quietest place I think I've ever experienced and all sounds are dampened by the thick trees and brush. Moss hangs thick from the trees and gives you and incredible "in the swamp" feel. Cadoo Lake is the only natural lake in the state of Texas.

Friday, June 09, 2017