Burroughs Park Western Trail Loop

Burroughs Park Western Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tomball, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

The top left corner was so overgrown we couldn’t hike it, but there were plenty of other areas to walk around and get our miles in.

Has become my new favorite trail, I like that it is off road and that the trails are clear to see, when I bring my nieces and nephew each week we walk the main trail and then I let them pick if we should go down side trails (all connect easy to get back to main trail) kids love it

Overall a nice place to escape for an hour or so with the dog if you already in the area. Western side of the pipeline easement has been repaired and mostly passable. Eastern side is hit or miss and may require you to double back due to a marsh or fallen trees. Mosquitos and ticks are getting bad. Don't expect a full escape as there is plenty of construction noise to the east. You can't get lost here. It's either go north or go south back to the parking lot.

Sun Sep 02 2018

It was not what I expected, but it was good walk. It was very clean, but the trail signs got me a little confused. Good thing is not too big, otherwise I would got "lost". It was a nice day and it has excelent bath services and the playgrounds for the little ones are great.

Sun Aug 05 2018

Great trail!

Sun Apr 01 2018

Can't make a complete loop due to a lot of washed out trails, especially after a hard rain. Mosquitos in abundance, so take plenty of spray which didn't really help. Have multiple bites after 2.8 miles. It is an easy trail with lots of side turns. Easy to turn into a 3-4 mile hike, especially if you add the walk around the lake to your hike.

Sat Jun 10 2017

Northeast end of the trail is washed out. Had to backtrack. There were a lot of horseflies, so insect repellent would be good. Other than that it was a nice trail, and beautiful weather.

Sat May 06 2017

Nice trail on an absolutely beautiful day.

Sun Feb 12 2017

The trails weren't bad, but the mosquitos were absolutely terrible!

Wed Jun 29 2016

Beautiful park!

Sat Feb 20 2016

I've been hiking these trails for 5 years now almost daily and have loved them up until recently. The park itself has become more popular by people who evidently don't care. There is trash throughout the trails and obnoxious people who know nothing about trailing or hiking etiquette.

Sat Jul 04 2015

Some of the areas on these trails are great. It does have a lot of low lying areas that were not accessible due to the water. I think it would be amazing trails if everything were open. Most of the trails are wide which helps since this is shared between biking and hiking. We saw deer and rabbits which made the hike enjoyable.

Wed Jun 11 2014

I love this trail. I've been running it for awhile now (three summer now) when I first started coming here I wasn't aware there was different trails other than the paved track. If you drive all the way to the pack of the park in the last parking lot and walk towards the lake to the left is a bench and behind it is an opening to a dirt trail head. Previous summer, with the drought, there were more open trails, but with the current rain fall it is a little difficult because some are low lying ground with large puddles that are too deep to run through (trust me, I was shin deep before I learned my lesson) Once you head down this trail head you will come to many branches of different trails in the woods. I like to go straight and pass both sandy left hand turns and go straight and the next left take that. All trails intersect and you can pick your own way through. I've ran the entire parameter and it was 8.4 miles from dirt trails to pavement and bak to start.

Mon May 26 2014

The location for this trail is about 4 miles from where it actually is. Do not trust the All Trails address.

Sun Feb 16 2014

Great for kids, gotta follow the deer and hog trail at the north part of the park. Great scenery and a good beginner trail .

Sun Jan 26 2014

I like hiking this one. The ups and downs and bumpy trails make it fun. I started at the northernmost tip. It is easy to lose the path and get lost?? But that was the fun. The walk around the lake is lovely on foggy mornings- enchanting. Lots of picnic benches. Fun fishing, play toys for kids. Our family has enjoyed it through the years.

Mon Sep 09 2013

This trail is wide and very level. Good for children. It is, however, an unremarkable trail as far as wildlife and scenery. Also, by my GPS, it was 2.08 miles.