Bull Creek South to North

Bull Creek South to North is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Really over grown and muddy and difficult to navigate but really pretty and the water is great! The biggest falls on the trail is named Link falls after an early settler in the valley. While it is possible to bike here, the trail is better for hiking.

easy trial with different paths that you can explore. went on a week day at 10am so weather was perfect. but it doesn't gauge the traffic flow of this trail. still nice hike! different sceneries of rocks, Creek water, and overgrown paths.

This trail was terrible. It was overgrown almost the whole way, and where it wasn’t overgrown, it was slick rock. The only pluses were the clarity of he water and the amount of fish in the creek.

No obvious trail markers. Forced to turn around halfway through as the 'trail' dead ended into the creek.

Nice spot to enjoy the creek, but practically unbikable and not much altitude change.

Absolutely amazing trail! we did not do the loop, but there is a smaller parking area next to the main one. there was a bus parked so we decided to go to the less populated area and do some exploring, and boy am I glad we did! near the parking area are some stairs that lead up to a rock ledge (we brought our dogs and it got pretty sketchy there as the ledge is pretty narrow and it is a steep, but afterwards you can follow the creek for about two miles through shaded forest and rocky terrain. it dis get a little muddy in the middle but that is to be expected. there are areas where the water isnt too deep and you can cross over and walk back along the creek towards where you came it. Hands down best hiking I have had in Austin so far, such a gorgeous little spot!

Great hiking spot

I enjoyed this trail however I felt like I got off the trail several times. It is somewhat overgrown and muddy. The water may be high, but the trail was hard to follow. Ended up doing a lot of back tracking and had to cross the creek twice in about 8” of very cold water. Would have felt great in the summer.

Great hike! With all of the recent rain, the trail was wet but manageable. There were a few water crossings. Also a few overhangs. Very nice hike that wasn't too busy, probably because of the chilly weather.

Most reviews said it was easy. I’m glad I came before taking my kids. It was beautiful but some parts where creeks went over the path was not always easy, also muddy after lots of rain. Loved the trail and will be back.

Beautiful waterfalls, but hiking is too easy

REWARD: We lost our pup Saturday 11/17 hiking here. He unfortunately was off lease and was chased by another off leash dog. He is a small brown doxie mix, about 11#s. His name is Winston and he is very skittish around people. If you see him please contact 512-758.3126.

It was my favorite place to hike and bring my dog to swim until someone decided they needed to break into my vehicle. So take your valuables and keep your eyes open. I won't be back. fwiw I was parked right next to the road and it was early on a Sunday day of all times....

Thursday, August 02, 2018

The hike was to easy for me, but still enjoyed swimming in the Creek and taking in the scenery. Wont be back for hiking though.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Always fun

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I wasn't aware to day was a holiday. There where a lot of people out there today! It's kinda cool to be running and jumping and ducking along the rocks and trees, and people look at you like you're nuts.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

some parts are really nice and some parts are awful

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Parked at Lakewood Dr parking lot. Found a way over the creek and then located a trail. Enjoyed the run to the falls and found a few geocaches.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I used WAZE to get to the trailhead and ended up at the wrong park. Hit directions on All Trails and went straight there. Nice trail for a quick three miles. It had a few spots of crawling down some rocks but otherwise easy.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

It was my first hike and it wasn’t to challenging defiantly manageable. The water made for a very pretty hike.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

As usual, got a good workout and discovered new trails, new ways to run around and have fun. These Bull Creek trails, along with the Valburn trails, make for almost endless exploration and varying terrain.