Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail

Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

26 minutes ago

Nice walk.

nice easy hike on both side of the creek bed

Ran again, and I think I've failed to mention this the last few times. The signage is pretty horrible. I mean, the trail isn't meant to be a "walk in the park", it's a greenbelt. So sometimes the trail might be hard to follow- this trail is very good for exploring. But still, of the signs that are there, a lot of them don't really point the way and/or they are totally blank.

All in all, I still really like running here, but just thought I'd mention the signage, since I haven't in the past. Also, you can cross the creek and connect up with more trails, specifically a loop trail, behind the Bull Creek District park. it's rather pretty back there. If you're trail running and want to take it easy, like for a warmup or cool down, this little loop is good.

Connect this trail to the trails going into the nature preserve north of 360 and also to Spicewood Springs for a great run. Can be crowded in spots when the water is up and the sun it out.

Water was stagnant and too warm and too shallow. Would not recommend for hiking or swimming

It is a lot of fun. You can stay on the rocky trail or use a dirt path. My dog loves this hike.

So a few weeks ago I ran here again, and I was a bit surprised though I shouldn't have been. I'm sorta new to Austin, and didn't realize how many families, parties, etc. come to hang out at the creeks. I was running, and I kept coming up upon group after group of people with their drinks and lawn chairs, and some even had canopies. It was pretty cool to run and see some people, as sometimes you do trail running, and it's as if you're all alone.

A quick note: at the south end of the trail, at the big open area on Lakewood drive, the official trail itself actually goes along Lakewood Dr. When running from the north, you can easily follow the creek, there are trails back there, and still get to the end/beginning of the trail.

Really enjoy this trail, it's everything I love about hiking, weaves in and out of trees up and down rocks along a creek. Very pretty and peaceful, with waterfalls along the way.