Brushy Creek Trail from Brushy Creek Lake Park

Brushy Creek Trail from Brushy Creek Lake Park is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar Park, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Wide 1/2 paved 1/2 dirt trail with some shade. Walkers, Joggers, bicyclists and pet lovers frequent this trail. Nicely maintained trail that runs along side brushy creek. Features include bridges, educational postings of local plantlife, wildlife, and history. Numerous parks along the way that provide access to restrooms.

I didn't run the actual trail, but I ran some bandit trails.

From the 183 parking area, I first went west along the regional trail. Almost immediately before the bridge which takes you into the open are with the YMCA, vere left (south). From there, there's a great hill climb at the first left- not too long but steep. This takes you to dirt flats, some winding paths through the trees, a service road, and you can loop back around to the regional trail eventually. If you instead go straight at the first intersection, you get to run right b y the lake, great views. It eventually takes you to the Twin Lakes park, though there are more intersecting trails. Not much mileage on these trails, but if you take the right trail, I believe you could end up connecting with the next section of trails.

Getting back to the regional trail, I then went east. Immediately before the first bridge past 183, there's a trail into the woods. This trail also has some climbs. The trail loops back on itself so if you go straight or right, you're good. In the middle of these trails is what looks like an old, abandoned dirt bike area. It's rather small, but it's kinda neat.

After getting back to the regional trail, I definitely needed more mileage. So I went east some more and, immediately (yes, everything is immediately) after the bridge there is a trail to the right (south). This trail is, I believe, dubbed "The Rim". Go straight, straight, straight some more. You'll be running in a creek bed, and eventually it'll turn into a very miniature canyon. Eventually you gotta take a left, and after an uphill, you hit the actual rim. Nice views, very rocky and rooty, lots of shallow dips. This trail eventually will link up to the service road which, go south and you'll hit the regional trail. But keep going east and you'll be on Deception (the very long, strenuous dirtbike trail). That's where you can get your mileage.

After running the regional trail back to my car, I took the "shared path", concrete bike and pedestrian path, to the north. I only ran until I hit the first road, maybe a quarter mile. But it was good to be in some wide open spaces, even if there were a few buildings and 183 traffic nearby.

Anyway, great set of trails to run on back here. I'm sure there're more around, as I keep finding them (but am definitely not discovering anything brand new).

Great for any level. many off paths for bikers or hikers but lots of paved area for strollers and casual walkers!

One of my favorites

This is an easy trail mostly concrete with beautiful scenery. It is moderate to heavy traffic depending on the day. It is great for the family lots of bikes, runners, walkers, and naturists.

So every time I go trail running here, I find something new.

So used to there was just the concrete path with a few green benches, a few doggie bag stations, a few small bridges. But now I know of all these dirt/rock trails through the woods, closer to the creek (on the north) or for some elevation change (on the south). The trails (most of them) are marked by wooden "kiosks".

Board of the same old concrete trail? Need a better workout or more nature? Take some of the off-trail trails. It's pretty nice, especially when you get near the YMCA (on the west end of the main trail), and take the trails south. With enough searching, you'll find yourself on a path running directly above the lakes, and it's rather nice.

This is more a park for those wanting to bike or kayak or fish, but it's well-maintained and very family-friendly. Very nice area and pretty scenery.

I run this pretty regularly- I do a long trail run, then on my way home I stop here for the cool down, to get all the stiffness out. The scenery is good, the people are friendly, the path wide and maintained.

But..

See those blue lines dashed lines to the south of the trail? That's the bike trail, "Deception". You want a major workout for your feet? You want to come home not with sore feet because you merely pounded some pavement, but because you actually have to use every muscle in your feet in order to stay balanced and run well? This trail is for you. Lots of twists and turns, ups and downs, steep rocky climb, high step ups, even some water crossings (though not much water admittedly). But man will your feet and ankles get strong and sore from the workout they'll get. I love it.