Breckenridge Park Trail

Breckenridge Park Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

Very dog friendly, fun and easy.

This is a great beginners location. I brought my dogs with me and we all had a great time. The walkway is paved and branches off in a few places, and it’s really easy to find your way around.

I live across the street & visit the park on a daily basis (often times more than once) w/my dog & often times wife. The concrete paths are typically well-maintained by the amazing park staff; however, the more severe flooding in recent years causes parts of them to be muddy/flooded right after heavy rains/flooding. The trails go around a pond and along the creek, as well as portions thru the woods. Along these paths you will see a variety of wildlife, from wildflowers, pecan trees, cottonwoods, large variety of birds, squirrels, rabbits, bobcats, roadrunners, & this year especially a few beautiful coyotes, etc... There is decent fishing in the pond, as well as a nice pavilion and a couple of playgrounds for the kids at the entrances off of Brand road. The city, & various organizations (Boy/Girl Scouts, schools, religious groups, etc.) hold events at the park on a fairly regular basis, and it’s always nice to see others getting to enjoy Breckenridge. There is a “large speed loop” for bike riders (or that’s what I call it) that goes around the athletic fields and is largely in the sun...if that’s the only part you walk, then you probably didn’t have a good time & I encourage you to use the All-Trails app that you wrote the review on to explore the park more

Not much to see, not very pretty. Mostly just trails around the athletic fields. We won’t likely be back.

Great paved trail and a good option when worries about muddy conditions elsewhere. Good views of the creek. Really enjoyed the time with the kid, there are a couple of playgrounds we stopped at along the way.

Loved it! Great natural places of the path. Gorgeous creek.

I’ve done this trail twice. Once end of January; once beginning of February. It’s literally a walk in the park. I did the loop that goes around the park, but haven’t done any of the trails that take you off that main loop. If you zoom in on the map, you’ll see there are a few options. The trail doesn’t have any elevation changes worth mentioning. It’s paved and easy. The park was quiet this time of year and only a few other people on the trail. I would guess it comes alive as everything greens up. The trail is mostly clean, but there were some signs of people not cleaning up after themselves and some debris in the trees. There are plenty of trash cans along the trail, so it’s easy to clean up after yourself and your pets.

Sun Dec 23 2018

We loved this trail! Pretty scenery and perfect for a run!

Sun Sep 09 2018

good trail. parts of it don't have good cover for summer hiking though.

Sun Aug 26 2018

It has a significant amount of shade for hot days, is wide enough walkers and bicycles and has regular elevation change.

Fri Aug 24 2018

my haunt. richardson does an incredible job maintaining this place. I am here daily. the off-road bike trail on the west side of rowlett Creek is the best.

Mon Jul 09 2018

love love looooooove this trail... nice and quiet and lots to do in the different areas... will for sure be making this one a weekly trip

Fri May 11 2018

Lubbers Cmuo polygyny Z j coo x.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Nice place. Was very quiet and not many people. Concrete paths. But, found some “off road” paths. Enjoyable. Nice ponds and creek.

Sun Mar 25 2018

great trail

Sun Oct 15 2017

Great distance. A little bumpy but definitely safe for road bikes. Just a few small hills. I went around a few times and that was plenty for me.

Tue Jul 11 2017

all paved and mostly in the sun. flowers were pretty though

Fri Apr 21 2017

Beautiful park with plenty of wide concrete paths for hiking/biking/walking/running. There is also a 1 mile one way road loop that many toad cyclists work out on regularly (tues night crits). There is a stream and dirt/grass trails for hiking/running as well. Beautiful spot for a variety of activities. Paved trail connects to other local trails. you can run 4-6 miles on concrete paths without feeling like you are repeating a bunch easily.

Sun Apr 16 2017

Mon Feb 13 2017

love it. very easy and kid friendly!

Sun Nov 13 2016

Beautiful park!!! Well kept, quiet and refreshing. This is a little piece of heaven away from the traffic and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So glad my son and I found this place.

Sun Oct 30 2016

Fun trail!

Wed Sep 07 2016

Nice walk!! Nice green scenery.. The areas where there is cover where my favorite, wish there were more

Fri Jul 22 2016

Good one

Fri Jun 17 2016

Very clean and beautiful scenery! The little river that runs through is so clear and beautiful I highly recommend coming with friends so you don't get lost its huge! One of my favs so far and I've been on a lot of trails in the Garland-Dallas-Richardson & Rowlett area

Mon Dec 14 2015

Nice and quiet place to ride and walk. Families are out fishing on the lake.

Mon Aug 17 2015

Fairly easy on the paved trail; however, beginner/intermediate off trail and the creek is really the only intermediate in terms of mountain biking. I enjoyed it fairly small though.

Tue Aug 04 2015

I enjoy coming here occasionally on the weekends. This is a large park in the middle of suburbs with lots of trails and some areas are more natural than others. I usually visit this park from Parking Lot C on Brand Rd because there's a nice open area with paved trails to walk my dogs. This entrance point has a large playground, a big pavilion for large picnic get-togethers, and some restrooms. There are lots of paved trails for walking, bicycling, etc. as well as some open spaces for playing soccer or tackle football. However, whenever I want to go birding, I usually enter the park from the North Star Rd side of the park as the trail there immediately takes you among more trees.

Mon Jan 26 2015

There is the paved park side (eastern side of creek) and the unpaved preserve side (western side of creek). Open fields and wooded paths along the creek. City of Richardson has installed some nice bridges here. Some consistent litter along the creeks (though nowhere near as bad as the greenbelt between Garland and Rowlett), otherwise it would be 5 starts.