Breckenridge Park Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(163)
Breckenridge Park

Breckenridge Park Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

Long Walk at Breckenridge.

Home Trail... Regular Route 05.03.2020

Open during COVID-19. No people - none. Had the place to ourselves. More of a great walking path than trail but if you want to avoid bugs, paved trails in spring are great. Beautiful park and scenery. Will come again.

After my first debacle on AllTrails, this park was an absolute delight. Temperature today was right at 60°, and the trail was smooth, easy to walk on, and has several jogs off of it In different places so you can choose whether or not to stay on the shorter trail or venture off onto the splinter trails. There’s a beautiful stream nearby and I’ve ventured over to it to let my dogs take a dip although I should admit there were a couple of signs that say there could be venomous snakes in the area. What can I say? I grew up in the country and if there is water nearby, I’m going to touch it.

The path was well paved for foot and bike traffic. I liked that the trail went around two different ponds. It allowed me to see different water fowl on each pond. The trail goes by a creek at some points, and it is always peaceful to me to listen to moving water.

Very dog friendly, fun and easy.

This is a great beginners location. I brought my dogs with me and we all had a great time. The walkway is paved and branches off in a few places, and it’s really easy to find your way around.

I live across the street & visit the park on a daily basis (often times more than once) w/my dog & often times wife. The concrete paths are typically well-maintained by the amazing park staff; however, the more severe flooding in recent years causes parts of them to be muddy/flooded right after heavy rains/flooding. The trails go around a pond and along the creek, as well as portions thru the woods. Along these paths you will see a variety of wildlife, from wildflowers, pecan trees, cottonwoods, large variety of birds, squirrels, rabbits, bobcats, roadrunners, & this year especially a few beautiful coyotes, etc... There is decent fishing in the pond, as well as a nice pavilion and a couple of playgrounds for the kids at the entrances off of Brand road. The city, & various organizations (Boy/Girl Scouts, schools, religious groups, etc.) hold events at the park on a fairly regular basis, and it’s always nice to see others getting to enjoy Breckenridge. There is a “large speed loop” for bike riders (or that’s what I call it) that goes around the athletic fields and is largely in the sun...if that’s the only part you walk, then you probably didn’t have a good time & I encourage you to use the All-Trails app that you wrote the review on to explore the park more

Not much to see, not very pretty. Mostly just trails around the athletic fields. We won’t likely be back.

Sun Apr 28 2019

Great paved trail and a good option when worries about muddy conditions elsewhere. Good views of the creek. Really enjoyed the time with the kid, there are a couple of playgrounds we stopped at along the way.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Loved it! Great natural places of the path. Gorgeous creek.

Sun Feb 03 2019

I’ve done this trail twice. Once end of January; once beginning of February. It’s literally a walk in the park. I did the loop that goes around the park, but haven’t done any of the trails that take you off that main loop. If you zoom in on the map, you’ll see there are a few options. The trail doesn’t have any elevation changes worth mentioning. It’s paved and easy. The park was quiet this time of year and only a few other people on the trail. I would guess it comes alive as everything greens up. The trail is mostly clean, but there were some signs of people not cleaning up after themselves and some debris in the trees. There are plenty of trash cans along the trail, so it’s easy to clean up after yourself and your pets.

Sun Dec 23 2018

We loved this trail! Pretty scenery and perfect for a run!

Sun Sep 09 2018

good trail. parts of it don't have good cover for summer hiking though.

Sun Aug 26 2018

It has a significant amount of shade for hot days, is wide enough walkers and bicycles and has regular elevation change.

Fri Aug 24 2018

my haunt. richardson does an incredible job maintaining this place. I am here daily. the off-road bike trail on the west side of rowlett Creek is the best.

Mon Jul 09 2018

love love looooooove this trail... nice and quiet and lots to do in the different areas... will for sure be making this one a weekly trip

Fri May 11 2018

Lubbers Cmuo polygyny Z j coo x.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Nice place. Was very quiet and not many people. Concrete paths. But, found some “off road” paths. Enjoyable. Nice ponds and creek.

Sun Mar 25 2018

great trail

Sun Oct 15 2017

Great distance. A little bumpy but definitely safe for road bikes. Just a few small hills. I went around a few times and that was plenty for me.

Tue Jul 11 2017

all paved and mostly in the sun. flowers were pretty though

Fri Apr 21 2017

Beautiful park with plenty of wide concrete paths for hiking/biking/walking/running. There is also a 1 mile one way road loop that many toad cyclists work out on regularly (tues night crits). There is a stream and dirt/grass trails for hiking/running as well. Beautiful spot for a variety of activities. Paved trail connects to other local trails. you can run 4-6 miles on concrete paths without feeling like you are repeating a bunch easily.

Sun Apr 16 2017

Mon Feb 13 2017

love it. very easy and kid friendly!

Sun Nov 13 2016

Beautiful park!!! Well kept, quiet and refreshing. This is a little piece of heaven away from the traffic and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So glad my son and I found this place.

Sun Oct 30 2016

Fun trail!

Wed Sep 07 2016

Nice walk!! Nice green scenery.. The areas where there is cover where my favorite, wish there were more