Boulder Park Trail

Boulder Park Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 259 feet Route Type: Loop

Although this trail is heavily used by mountain bikers, hikers are more than welcome. Make sure to go the opposite direction of the bikers so you can see them coming! Note: This park may close depending on weather conditions. For more information, please see https://www.dallasparks.org/417/Boulder

A b c ext and e loops

Nov 30 2019. Trail closed. Temp? Permanent?

Definitely lots of mountain bikers so hike in opposite direction — they were nice and it’s just something to be aware of.

My boyfriend and I are new to mountain biking but really enjoyed the A and B loop. The trail was in great condition and we had a blast. Heavily shaded. One way trails so make sure you start in the right direction!

We are beginner mountain bikers and this was our first time here. The trail was narrow in some parts but overall a great time. The trailhead isn’t clearly marked to indicate “one way”, but be sure you start in a clockwise direction from the parking lot (basically enter the trail by the big map). Otherwise, you’re going backwards. Whoops! Blue arrows indicate easier paths; red are more difficult terrain. We will definitely come back. Good luck!

Do not go for hiking, bikes appear out of nowhere, you can either be run over or biker can crash into a tree, the site is a maze, no signs. Do not take your dog.

Flat tire!!!

I did most of loop A, loop c, Cash extension, loop D and loop E. Lots of bikes since the trail was created by and is maintained by DORBA.

c trail is killer

I didn't care for this trail much as a hiker. The path is way too narrow in places and bike riders can come out of nowhere like demons. I wish they weren't so aggressive on bikes so we could share the path more peacefully! Won't be doing this one again.

Great loop for the Dallas area. Lots of bikers so stay alert and step aside.

Not a good trail for hiking. The trail is narrow and heavily bikers

closed

Dense but surprisingly diverse.

Good walking trail. In heavily wooded area.

The trail was okay. Not hard and mostly for bikers

Pretty good! If you want to hike I would start on the right going against the bikers so you can move because they were going pretty fast, there was some only hiking trails that were very nice not to hard but a good workout.

I would recommend this Trail for all ages it wasn't too hard but there are options to make it harder follow the blue arrow if you want an easier route follow the red arrow if you want a more challenging route we took the blue arrow and our dog was happy to play in the water unfortunately there was a lot of trash but it didn't take away from the beauty of the hike lots and lots of trees and it reminded me of my hometown in California I was quite pleased and we completed the hike in under two and a half hours I would recommend this for families either mountain biking or wanting a good nature walk

Sun Jan 20 2019

Tue Dec 18 2018

I'm guessing the hard rating is referring to biking it? no portion of the trail I saw was hard. It's a easy walk. I was looking for a workout not a stroll in the park. I ended the hike early after 2 miles. figured a treadmill was more beneficial to get my incline thrive.

Sun Dec 16 2018

Few hills, although got lost several times the gps is not very accurate, trail is a bit confusing

Sun Dec 02 2018

Love it!!!

Wed Sep 19 2018

good walk

Tue Aug 14 2018

To all you hikers that keep complaining, take a minute to think who maintains the trail.. (DORBA). (YES, IT COSTS BOTH MONEY TO BUY TOOLS AND LOTS OF VOLUNTEER HOURS TO KEEP THE TRAILS TIDY) Then take another minute to figure out what does that mean. Hikers are more than welcome. but please no matter the park you go to. always stop at the trailhead and READ THE RULES!!! most trails will ask hikers to go in the oposite direction so you can spot bikers from a distance and move aside. thank you all for understanding. have a great day!!

Wed Aug 01 2018

Nice hiking trail for 20 min outside dallas. Mostly shaded which was nice. Rocky so I had to put boots on my dog. Can’t complain otherwise! Very little bike traffic although I came out on a weekday during the day.

Sat Jul 07 2018

Bike only, Trail is really narrow Not hiker friendly

Wed Jun 20 2018

Best places with a lot of deep hills. Great workout place.

Sat Jun 09 2018

Awesome park. We had a blast. It was our first time on the trail and we had no problems following the trail. The trails are clearly marked and no sand spurs.