Boulder Park Trail

Boulder Park Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I can’t wait to bring my bike next time I visit. Great for an inner city hike but this place is for the bikes.

Very pretty, very hard to navigate.

don't do this trail with a hybrid.

We didn't find the trial very challenging. We started on the red/beginner loop and the path was very rocky and required you to walk one person in front of the other. After one hour we switched to the blue/difficult trail. This trail is probably great for biking, with lots of dips and tricks available. But it takes you out by the road from which you are only separated by a metal fence. There is a very short bridge to walk over which was a nice surprise but then you walk by the stream which sounds great in theory, but the stream is filthy with trash so it was not enjoyable. The blue was a bit more difficult but still very easy, there wasn't much change in terms of elevation. Overall not our favorite walk/hike in Dallas.

Definitely one of the best trails I've had the pleasure of hiking. It was evidently a trail meant predominantly for biking, but it was still a great hike. Lots of slopes, twists and turns, wobbly rock paths, and cliffs; careful footing is a must at some parts.

Trash isn't really an issue if you stay close to the trail and behind caution tape. Somewhat off-trail you'll find a small clearwater river; the litter gets worse as you travel downstream.

The stream is definitely the most beautiful part of the trail, but might require some hands-on vertical climbing to get in and out of.
Whether or not that's a perk is up to you!!

Got lost but oh well

This one is awesome, I've been checking different ones, and this one is very maintained. Challenging loops.

I had a blast at this park and it was no joke they labeled it hard! Great hills, rocks, cliffs and scenery! take water and a bike helmet!

too many spiders across the trails. I don't know if it was because I was stoned, but it felt like I was in a scary movie with how many fucking spiders there were.

Great trail. You don't think you are in Dallas.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Trails range from 2 miles 12 miles. Dirt path, plenty of tree coverage to escape the city. Took my dog, and had a nice walk.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I think other reviewers have mentioned this, but it is definitely more of a biking trail. Everyone is polite, but make sure you go in the opposite direction. I used to walk my dogs out here; you will need to move out of the way frequently, if you're walking on the weekend. It will be packed.

Pros: lots of variety in difficulty and trail distances. People are very polite and friendly. Very well maintained trails. They have a couple of Porta-potties at the trail start. Picnic tables. Great shade because of all the trees. Convenient location.

Cons: Signage isn't great, distance markers would be helpful. There are Stray dogs, but I know people report these and they are usually picked up Promptly. Parking is tight, and you will likely park on the street if you go on a weekend.

Very good trail if you live in Dallas.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Muy bien!

Monday, September 05, 2016

One of my favorites. Different types of trails, hills, rivers, lots of bikers, all nice and friendly. Would be helpful with signs to/from entrance, certain trials.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

if they had some signs so I didn't have to use Google maps to get back to my car that would be excellent, otherwise I loved the trail

Sunday, July 17, 2016

This is a nice trail designed for mountain bike riders. We hiked it for about an hour loop on an early Sunday afternoon in the middle of July at 100 degrees. There is lots of shade. The trail leads through wooded and open terrain. don't be shy to take the red trail, it goes through a slightly more hilly terrain which makes for a more interesting hike. If you are lucky, like we were, there won't be any mountain bikers. Due to the trail being narrow you can't go next to each other. You can reach the trail head within a few minutes from downtown Dallas just passed the Zoo.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

fun working my way up

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Decent trail, better if you follow the red arrows

Sunday, April 10, 2016

I definitely had a good workout on the trail, I go hiking regularly. I would definitely agree with the other commenters it's more of a biking trail than hiking and many times I found myself trying to get my dogs out of the way of bikers, everyone was super friendly but I still felt like I unconvinced a lot of people. Anyway, all in all it was a good time!

Monday, February 01, 2016

cool trail. better for biking than hiking but still expansive; the terrain is challenging at times, great for exercise

Sunday, October 18, 2015

My first time coming here. It was great!
Liked that it was shaded.

Friday, October 02, 2015

I use the trail for trailrunning and really like it. Definitely recommend going in the opposite direction but the signage isn't as helpful for those on foot. 5 stars if we had signage.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Great trail, definitely difficult to do on crowded weekends because of the mountain bikers but I was told as a hiker to go on the trail in the opposite direction so bikers could see me more easily - and I definitely recommend doing the same. Made me want to get a mountain bike!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fantastic! Rode this trail 2 days after a rain and it was a little tacky but overall in great shape. Lots of options to take but easy to navigate. One of my favorites.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Dallas trail!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Great trail for all levels. White loop easy but has some interesting parts. Back two loops are awesome. Some cool bridges, some fast parts and a lot of up and downs. Also dries quickly after rain, so I find myself riding here a lot.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Worth every minute of the hour drive for me. Great trail spent 3 1\2 hours last Sunday and the trail is in perfect condition! The small team of trail stewards do a fantastic job keeping all 11 miles as good as it can be! some new built up wooden drops coming off Porter hill are Awesome!

Monday, July 14, 2014

One of my favorites in dallas. The uphills can be challenging if you're not used to it. As my friend says "never trust a downhill" be careful and use your brakes wisely.
my Siberian husky runs behind me when I do this trail so it's not treacherous but pretty fun.
single track with an easy flow.

definitely worth the drive if you're in the Dallas area. Easy to get to.

Monday, July 07, 2014

I rode the blue trail a few weeks back, it was my first time mountain biking and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though there is a lot if up hill riding, that also means there is a lot of down hill riding as well. I plan on coming back here and riding the red trail soon.