Boardwalk Trail

Boardwalk Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Webster, Texas and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I really liked this hike! It's a dirt trail with lots of tree coverage and shade. I didn't see any wild hogs but I did see an armadillo. I would say this trail is not adequately marked. I got lost a few times and ended up getting way off course. It was easy to find my way back to "civilization" and had a good time in the process, but do you bring along your phone and have this app -- it totally helped!

Very pleasant trail. It's very shady, especially if you go earlier in the day. The boardwalk section is especially neat for kids. Very dog friendly, I recommend some worn out shoes and some bug spray.

It's better than nothing, and it's easy enough for kids. There are some pretty areas to watch wildlife.

Nice trail for a leisurely walk, especially if you have kids. The boardwalks are fun because you get to see the wildlife from above.

visited the park to get in a 3-5 mile run... was very disappointed. I spent 25 minutes looking for an actual trail before giving up and just taking off down the most beaten down grass I could find. Finally I came upon what appeared to be a trail, so I followed as it led me to a boardwalk. Excited to have a trail, I picked up speed to actually begin my run, only to realize that the boardwalk leads to 3 different "bridges," each of which literally go nowhere, you just hit a dead end and have to turn around. The entire boardwalk including the paths to the 3 bridges was less than a quarter mile. I then did the trail around the dock, which was also less than a quarter mile. This park is huge, yet I didn't find a single trail or path that allowed me even a single uninterrputed mile without running in circles. By far the worst park I've been to for running.

Not really for hikers but a very nice place. I enjoyed my time.

this is a great park with cool playgrounds for her kids and a real cool lookout

Friday, October 28, 2016

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Nice trail for my husband, 4 year old and I. We even saw a family of deer laying down in the woods. I will definitely do this one again.