Big Cedar Wilderness Trails

Big Cedar Wilderness Trails is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Hill, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Has walking, running, and mountain biking (including downhill) from beginner to advanced. Trail steward is constantly maintaining and expanding the area. Rain makes most of the lower trails a muddy mess...also want to check the DORBA site before heading out, as certain days are always closed and rain typically shuts down all trails for a few days afterward.

9-11 am hot hike, clean trails, moderate amount of people, good time! Signs easily mark trails. :)

My husband and I went there today for the first time. I know it is labeled as hard but I thought it was more like extreme, well at least for me. I'm still a begginer. Super fun, challenging and beautiful. I highly recommend.

It was poorly maintained, but I have to admit it was awesome and challenging. The signs need some work

What the absolute F?!? Poorly maintained meaning vegetation in your face everywhere and in some cases you cannot find a trail very poorly marked you will need a Compass or a GPS. You can go to the church which is where the directions will take you and you are allowed to park at the church as long as you Leave by dusk.

Nice trail, good length. I'm not really sure about it being difficult though. I think kids could do the main loop no problem. The address listed on here took me to a church, not the trailhead, so make sure you look up the address elsewhere. Also, it has the full length of all the trails listed, but most of them are closed down due to neglect.

I love a challenge and appreciated the rugged terrain changes for hiking. However, we had no idea where we were. It was poorly marked with no appreciable trail map available at the trails or online. It was extremely confusing. Any suggestions for a trail map would be appreciated.

Awesome, day loved the trails, especially running up the escarpment trail.

really enjoyed the trails but being my first time the trails are very poorly marked. don't go without a great sense of direction or a compass