Beaver Pond is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brookeland, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length6.3 miElevation gain242 ftRoute typeLoop
Dogs on leashHikingHorseback ridingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingForestViewswild-flowers
Waypoints (0)
Photos (40)
Recordings (9)
Completed (12)
Carlos Nichols
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 3, 2020
Horseback riding

It’s a very nice trail in the first part of it is well marked. For long periods it follows old tram railway routes where they used to log in the early 1900s. There is also a wetlands area where there are flycatcher pitcher plants. After you cross the highway the trail is poorly marked so you have to stay on your toes. All I know it’s a very beautiful trail

View Carlos's Recording
Mykal Hawkins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 26, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOff trailOver grown

I had mixed feelings about this trail. It is quite muddy and wet in some areas, but that didn’t bother me. There’s mud in nature, so that’s to be expected. The first half of this trail is wide and very easy to follow. The second half, however, is easy to mistake for a game trail. I followed it through and felt pretty proud of myself. I saw LOTS of wildlife, which was awesome! There is also a wetland conservation area in the middle with some very interesting looking flowers. I came upon two separate beds of deer, which sent a jolt through my heart, as they startled me! Haha. Fair, since I startled them too. Some areas of the trail are so narrow that it takes some ducking and dodging under brush to get through. **Also, at two separate instances, the suggested map path was not accurate. I just used the general map to navigate the last half mile of the trail, as well as some point in the middle. There are pros and cons, but ultimately I would do it again. ***CHECK YOURSELF WELL FOR TICKS!! I was covered in them when I got home. ***

Karen Stacy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 5, 2020
HikingMuddyOver grown

My husband and I attempted Beaver Pond trail today. It was difficult to find and the locals had never heard of it. We finally located it, but the recent rains made parts of it difficult. It is pretty out there, but we just usually enjoy a better maintained trail.

Dustin Richard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 28, 2019
Hiking

Well shaded, low intensity hike. My wife and I jumped four deer during the hike. Comfortable. Dog friendly.

Patrick Oborski
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 2, 2019

Good hike, trail was a little hard to follow at some points but that was because of all the rain we had.

Ginny Judson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 11, 2018
First to Review

I really enjoyed this trail. There are some creek crossing, so be prepared to get wet! I did fall off a log into a creek in my effort to avoid getting wet, but it was all good!

Cole Schenewerk
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 29, 2019
View Cole's Recording
Dave Mauch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 16, 2019
View Dave's Recording