Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail

Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 13.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.8 miles Elevation Gain: 606 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paddle sports

rock climbing

cave

Capitol Metro, Austin's bus system, makes regular stops at Zilker Park. Parking is also available if you choose to drive. Parking for Zilker Park is available at the main entrance at 2200 Barton Springs Road.

I recommend this trail to anyone who likes, mmm, Loves trail running. It’s not extreme but it will challenge you. Despite the leash law, far to many dogs running with out leashes. If you plan to run the entire trail bring lots of hydration. Only water stop i’ve seen is at the 290 trail head.

Sick cliff jump

Great trail. We hiked the while trail. with hitting the watering holes it will be over 15 miles but well worth it. There are water crossings you have to take but the are very shallow. Trail gets very busy because of the popularity of swimming. But great hike.

A must-see if you’re visiting or new to Austin. I gave it 3 stars due to the amount of traffic on the trail; it’s certainly the hot-spot of Austin! Nice trail—bring bug spray and try and go in the morning!

bridge out

Sooo beautiful ..

It was excellent trial.Complete the trail first and then do the swimming.... get swim wear..some food and cloth to lay down for picnic. Its less crowded if you go to 7 mile marker..... there will be cyclists here and there.....it was a lot of greenery....i loved it

A fine but busy trail within the city of Austin. Good in the Spring, but the creek usually dries up in the summer heat.

Beautiful views and a really great trail. Exactly what we hoped for and more!!

Varies from fairly technical to simple. 99% runnable at a good speed with some footwork. Dirt is packed down super hard and there is some heavy traffic.

I love this trail and so do my dogs. I love hiking here if there has been a heavy rain days prior, so my pups can swim. I like how peaceful this is. I have found so many great locations for the hammock! If you love tacos, you can take the Greenbelt all the way to TacoDeli(a great taco spot)!

Beautiful peaceful and yes very rocky but so worth it. I couldn’t go to far time did not permit but definitely coming back with my family.

Very good for hiking, but not for biking. Spent half the time walking or carrying my bike over the rocks. Also very muddy

Great views. Felt like you were not anywhere near the city even though we were. Great for kids and dogs.

very nice

Awesome hike!!!

Good hike inside the city. Great for swimming when we get enough rain.

Awesome!

Fun trail and well marked. Ran the first three miles during the early morning hours with light trail traffic. For runners, I would recommend trail shoes as some sections were a bit technical (rocks, roots, unstable footing). If you are looking for a trail where you don't need to watch your step, I'd recommend the Lady Bird Trail.