Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail

Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hello twins ;)

My first time on this trail was mid-October. The trail is mainly covered by trees which naturally created some wet areas to get around (but it was worth getting around them!) The trail ran alongside a river that had a lot of runoff- at the time. There were even rockwalls with trickling water dripping from the top.
Along the way were split trails. I took the path closest to the river, mainly taking lefts. After the first waterfall -about a mile(ish) or more in- the trail opened to a meadow of sunflowers. A little ways up, came another waterfall; much wider than the first. Lots of people swimming and playing in the sunshine. There were even kayakers paddling by at one point.
I was running and met up with a biker at the waterfall. I ended up passing them on the way back towards the end. It was well traveled and narrow. But the run way great! Enjoyed it and will most likely use it for another beautiful day!

Good parking in Mopac frontage at trailhead. There are no restrooms on the trail. Fairly easy with some rough rocky beginnings. Trail follows the creek. We passed 3 waterfall areas. Lots of water in the creek. Trail was well shaded. For a longer walk, continue on trail beyond Sculpture Falls.

Nice trail was pretty easy in my opinion vs moderate but a few small areas where it got Ricky/uneven.

Best part about this for us was that with the dogs it was pretty shaded-no water for now that we saw as we turned at about the 1.5 mike mark.

It was nice walking this trail, but I wish there was water.

Flat, easy trail that’s well trafficked. Great for a stroll with your pups. The best part are the falls at the very end of the trail. (Don’t settle for the “falls” at the halfway-ish point). The falls at the end create an oasis where you can swim in CLEAR WATER (not greenish-brown) and even lounge around them to catch a tan. The area is usually pretty busy in the summer and you can catch some friendly puppers and their humans taking a dip before beginning their trek back.

Water was dried up for the most part, some at the end of the trail! Really cool ending and it was pretty flat all the way!

Nice trail, not overly crowed. Stream was drie so no waterfall.

Beautiful hike but Creek was dried up

Pretty hike but the waterfalls have dried up. Not sure if they’ll be back for the season but the creek bed was completely dry.

Beautiful trails

Lovely location specially for walking dogs and family relaxing. Beautiful

Beautiful.

I went on a Tuesday morning and it was mildly crowded, but still lovely. There are many areas where the trail splits with no trail markers, however these all lead back to the same trail for the most part. The falls are small, though beautiful, and make a great little swimming hole.

Great little hiding spot amongst the city. We drove by all the time and on the weekends it’s packed. We went during the week and there was a good amount of people still. There’s plenty of room to be in the water without others bothering you. We brought our dog and she loved it. The trail can be a little rough in some spot with slick rocks.

Great hike, then a quick dip in the falls! When there’s water.

Gorgeous place. Love swimming here when there is water. Trail can get a bit yucky after rain.

I love that this trail has two falls on it. It isn't too up and down but it's rocky. Even though the rest of the creek was dry Sculpture Falls had water. Twin Falls looked like a fun place to boulder as it was dry. I didn't have time to try it, but I'll definitely go back.

Dogs are supposed to be on leash but almost no one follows that rule. Even when the APD has officers making people put their dogs back on leash they just let them off once the officers were gone.

Beautiful place

Very fun, love sticking my feet in the water as the freezing current flows over my feet. The best time was when we accidentally discovered a goat trail and hiked through the rugged terrain. It also has long fun hikes with stunning views.

I love this hike so much! you can go as far as you want & it’s the beautiful the whole way. & it’s very pet friendly!

Made this hike with my 3 year old in June 2017. Lots of young people. Lots of alcohol. Fortunately not overrun with garbage but we picked up a fair amount of bits off the ground. You can stop at more secluded areas off the trail to get in the water. Nice way to spend an afternoon in Austin

Mostly open trail for running, some area where you have to concentrate on foot placement. Entirely shaded, and minimally occupied. A great place for a leisurely and enjoyable trail run.

Great trails that are nice and quite during the week.

Nice peak at the turnaround. Great workout. Nice views and mixture along the route.

Beautiful as always, but I haven't been in 2 years, so I didn't realize the creek was dried up. We still had a blast though!

Sunday, October 08, 2017

great trail, especially for beginners and taking your dog. not to crouded. nice and Shadded!

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Multiple waterfalls (small, but beautiful). Plan ahead and pack something to get wet in, if weather permits.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Friday, September 08, 2017

Good hike, clear path. Area to swim.
Also, the driving directions to get here are wrong. Don't stay on the highway, take frontage road to access the parking area.