Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail

Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail for the entire family. Plenty of people and dogs. Looks like a nice place to get wet and cool off.

Really easy hike. I went with my mother who is in her 50’s and im in ny 30’s and out of shape. It was an easy enough trail for both of us. Totally worth the hike to see the beautiful water and mini waterfalls

One of my favorite places to break a sweat and take a dip in Austin and get away from the hustle and bustle.

Awesome short (and easy) hike to see mini waterfalls. It was a super cloudy day when I went, but the trail is shaded so sun probably would be an issue on sunny days.

The trail was great! The scenery was great! The falls themselves were small but almost a great place for a picnic. I only say almost because multiple groups of people brought portable speakers. It was very rude and abnoxious. Next time I will go further from the city to find natural peace.

10/10 recommended. Definitely worth the hike. We came in February and I was walked through the water but it was definitely to cold to but anything more than my feet in! Will definitely be coming back during the summer. There were quite a bit of people. Even though it says dogs must be on a leash, there were a lot people who don't have their dogs on a leash but when they notice people coming they do attach a leash.

I don’t recommend going when it’s hot and hasn’t rained in awhile. We as a family went out for a walk late summer and the river was almost completely dried up. We made the best of the situation but I definitely want to go again when the river is full.

Very muddy but still manageable. So many scenic points. Lots of kids and dogs. Love 

This was a great trail for hiking with the pup. Saw some great water features of the river.

Excellent hike in town! Great overlook and beautiful water.

we went in the back way through a neighborhood thanks Google maps

Very pretty, nice trail, although VERY crowded.

Beautiful, but extremely crowded on nice weekends. Next time I plan on trying it midweek and seeing if it’s any better.

Great trails and views. Loved the water. Took lots of great pictures. Great for kids and dogs.

Loved all of it. So peaceful and perfect.

Easy and gorgeous views

Fabulous hike before work.

Easy trail with great views

today, trail was a bit muddy from last night's rain. well worth the time.

Hello twins ;)

My first time on this trail was mid-October. The trail is mainly covered by trees which naturally created some wet areas to get around (but it was worth getting around them!) The trail ran alongside a river that had a lot of runoff- at the time. There were even rockwalls with trickling water dripping from the top.
Along the way were split trails. I took the path closest to the river, mainly taking lefts. After the first waterfall -about a mile(ish) or more in- the trail opened to a meadow of sunflowers. A little ways up, came another waterfall; much wider than the first. Lots of people swimming and playing in the sunshine. There were even kayakers paddling by at one point.
I was running and met up with a biker at the waterfall. I ended up passing them on the way back towards the end. It was well traveled and narrow. But the run way great! Enjoyed it and will most likely use it for another beautiful day!

Good parking in Mopac frontage at trailhead. There are no restrooms on the trail. Fairly easy with some rough rocky beginnings. Trail follows the creek. We passed 3 waterfall areas. Lots of water in the creek. Trail was well shaded. For a longer walk, continue on trail beyond Sculpture Falls.

Nice trail was pretty easy in my opinion vs moderate but a few small areas where it got Ricky/uneven.

Best part about this for us was that with the dogs it was pretty shaded-no water for now that we saw as we turned at about the 1.5 mike mark.

It was nice walking this trail, but I wish there was water.

Flat, easy trail that’s well trafficked. Great for a stroll with your pups. The best part are the falls at the very end of the trail. (Don’t settle for the “falls” at the halfway-ish point). The falls at the end create an oasis where you can swim in CLEAR WATER (not greenish-brown) and even lounge around them to catch a tan. The area is usually pretty busy in the summer and you can catch some friendly puppers and their humans taking a dip before beginning their trek back.

Water was dried up for the most part, some at the end of the trail! Really cool ending and it was pretty flat all the way!

Nice trail, not overly crowed. Stream was drie so no waterfall.

Beautiful hike but Creek was dried up

Pretty hike but the waterfalls have dried up. Not sure if they’ll be back for the season but the creek bed was completely dry.