Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail

Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls Via Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very fun, love sticking my feet in the water as the freezing current flows over my feet. The best time was when we accidentally discovered a goat trail and hiked through the rugged terrain. It also has long fun hikes with stunning views.

I love this hike so much! you can go as far as you want & it’s the beautiful the whole way. & it’s very pet friendly!

Made this hike with my 3 year old in June 2017. Lots of young people. Lots of alcohol. Fortunately not overrun with garbage but we picked up a fair amount of bits off the ground. You can stop at more secluded areas off the trail to get in the water. Nice way to spend an afternoon in Austin

Mostly open trail for running, some area where you have to concentrate on foot placement. Entirely shaded, and minimally occupied. A great place for a leisurely and enjoyable trail run.

Great trails that are nice and quite during the week.

Nice peak at the turnaround. Great workout. Nice views and mixture along the route.

Beautiful as always, but I haven't been in 2 years, so I didn't realize the creek was dried up. We still had a blast though!

great trail, especially for beginners and taking your dog. not to crouded. nice and Shadded!

Multiple waterfalls (small, but beautiful). Plan ahead and pack something to get wet in, if weather permits.

Good hike, clear path. Area to swim.
Also, the driving directions to get here are wrong. Don't stay on the highway, take frontage road to access the parking area.

Very cool area when there is water! Busy, busy trail. Really popular. I would give it 5 stars but it's too busy. Did I mention it's really busy?

very busy, primitive trail, well marked, wear boots. Beware of bikers forcing you off the trail, they will claim right of way. Lots of dog feces on the trail, side of trail, bags of feces left on side of trail. Most dogs off the chain, beware if that's an issue. No flowing water yet.

Plenty of shade with some water along the way.

Was a lot of shade definitely hit it again

Don't forget where you came in from! Really nice trail but the river is all dried up. Some narrow parts some rocky some flat trails

So this time I went in the morning, plenty of parking on the main road at the north end. Running was good. Temperature was good, only one other guy at first on the whole trail, saw him a few times.

Somewhere along the trail, I took a left instead of right/straight, without realizing it. It was a good hill climb, and I ended up at the loop 360 access. On the map here, the trails at the 360 access show a sharp turn, then up the access road. I guess I took some other trail offshoot a little further down the trail, and like I said it was a good hill climb.

After discovering I locked my keys in my car, I decided- while waiting for my wife to come get me- to go down the hill of life and take an eastward turn to the dam. Less trees, more open, you can see the cliff face by the creek that way. The trail I was on was smooth single track, but I only went for a little ways- had to get back to my car before my wife did :P I'm definitely gonna explore this more when I have the time.

This is a great hike to see some beautiful Texas scenery. Clearly marked, some rocky areas and others flat make for a fun hike but not too intense. The only caution I would make is that when hiking this trail in the summer, there appears to be no water left in the river so the hike is missing the waterfalls (though I'm sure it's beautiful in the spring time).

Bring water! Best hike ever! River its dry in summer, but its worth the hike!

Not a spectacular hike during the summer - it's way too hot and most of Barton Creek is completely dry except for a few stagnant pools. On the plus side, the trail is very well shaded do you're not in direct sun.