Bardwell Lake Multiuse Trail

Bardwell Lake Multiuse Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ennis, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 65 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

$5 entrance fee

closed

no trail, very grown up, they are closing

I had to pay 5$ for this?!?! couldn't even tell there were "trails". very few usable rv sites. looks like a tornado came thru here. I walked my dog on the roads in the park, but it wasnt a trail walk at all like I wanted to do. only access to water was boat ramp. very disappointed ted

Are you kidding me. The map took us to a dead end..No park, no entrance fee, no wildflowers., no trail.

Fri Sep 21 2018

First, I unexpectedly had to pay $5 to enter. Then the trail was too overgrown to step foot on let alone follow. When I tried to find another trail head (20+ miles of horse trails in this park) my dog and I were rushed by 3 aggressive dogs therefore preventing us from entering any of the other trails. Very empty RV park so I was able to let my dog play in the water of the boat launch and walked the roads of the park to get my money worth. But disappointed to have to pay and not even able to use the trails. See photos for overgrown trailhead.

Fri Feb 02 2018

After seeing the last review I thought I would give an update. Called the Corp before I went and the trial is open. For the most part its pretty easy but there is horse shit everywhere so watch your step.

Thu Apr 07 2016

Went to do this trail yesterday--beautiful day. Drove down from Dallas only to find TRAILS CLOSED! Due to high water and mud. This is one of the last reservoirs to dump water and they will likely be closed for awhile. Call 972.875.5711 to check with the Corp to see if trails open before you go. This number was provided by the park employee working at the entrance. This is not a rating. Just a warning

Fri Jan 20 2012

Great place for trail running, hiking or you can even bring your horses. There is over 26 miles of trails. We completed the white trail and it was very dry and soft (forgiving) black dirt that was fairly easy to jog on. I am excited to try a few more trails!

Thu Apr 12 2018