Aztec Cave Trail

Aztec Cave Trail is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

From the trailhead, follow the trail up in a S-SE direction for 0.72 miles to arrive at the cave. There are benches for resting at several scenic overlooks along the trail. This is a good trail for kids and dogs.

For beginners is really gently, pretty!!

the path up to the mines make it a moderate trail

Beautiful! Easy distance to caves, but pretty exerting and worth it! Some guys suggested I keep going beyond the caves for the best views, but this got very steep. Try if you dare!

Nice views with a decent climb. Good after brunch hike.

Short hike but the cave is very nice.

This has easily been one of my most challenging hikes yet. If you aren't so well adapted to the elevation changes ( especially in such a short distance ) you'll definitely be winded. That doesn't mean it wasn't 100% worth it though! The view was amazing and the caves were a great destination to work towards.
Be sure to take trekking poles for the way back down. Some of the climbing required hands and feet at the very top and the large loose rocks were tricky. Be on the look out for wild life! We saw a wild tarantula and it was amazing!

a nice little kick of oxygen.if you aren't used to the altitude like me, take your time.

Good hike. Take water, there is no shade (one picnic spot 1/3 of the way) until you reach the caves. The uphill battle to get there can be weary.

good hike

It is actually a cathedral because it is taller then it is deep

Cave is awesome

It was fun, hard but a good start for people who never been hiking before. It’s short, nice scenic views, the cave was a nice edition, plenty of rest areas

Nice trail for all levels

Really nice but it's not easy for younger kids (toddlers or babies) I'll say from ages 7 and up since it does get difficult on the last part my kids are 7,9,11 and we're ok but younger ones will have trouble definitely worth the view really nice

Our 5 and 3 year old boys were able to complete this Trail. The final 100-150 yards are pretty steep and gravely so footing was a little unsure but the caves are impressive.

Not "easy" but my dog enjoyed the all uphill aspect. He went through three bottles of water.

Fun and easy for kids and dogs. A nice view at the end too.

my family and i enjoyed the hike but it shouldnt be rated easy. i would say moderate. the caves were cool to see.

My fiancé and I took this hike because it said it was easy. But once we got to the mountain it was very steep. I was fine but my fiancé just had finished a big lunch( which I didn't recommend) so half way through the trail he wanted to throw up. It is a perfect leg work out. Take some water because we hiked in 95 degree weather. The cave is breathtaking and specially the view! They have benches so you can sit down and look at the view. They are great just to sit and admire the nature.

Amazing views! Easy, fun starter trail.