Aztec Cave Trail

Aztec Cave Trail is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

From the trailhead, follow the trail up in a S-SE direction for 0.72 miles to arrive at the cave. There are benches for resting at several scenic overlooks along the trail. This is a good trail for kids and dogs.

Amazing views! Easy, fun starter trail.

Shouldn't be labeled as Easy! Lol Maybe it's because I'm out of shape! Great Trail! Had los of fun with my Son!

I've completed this trail several times with my 3 daughters and we enjoy it very much. We take food so we can picnic in the cave before making our descent.

Great hike

This hike was great and one of the harder ones I've done. It felt very steep at some points and the climb up to the caves was difficult for me. In my opinion this is a moderate trail not an easy one.

This trail was really beautiful and the cave was really cool. I will say I would probably rate this as moderate because the gravel on the trail makes it hard to walk without slipping. Take lots of water and enjoy the view

Great hike. Took my 11, 10 and 7 kids up this trail. We took it to the caves, then continue above them to an overlook where you can see the park enterance.

Great trail with moderate climbing and great scenery , awesome views from start to finish

amazing view

It is difficult as you get closer to the caves. Bring plenty of water. I would consider it more moderate than easy.