Aztec Cave Trail

Aztec Cave Trail is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

From the trailhead, follow the trail up in a S-SE direction for 0.72 miles to arrive at the cave. There are benches for resting at several scenic overlooks along the trail. This is a good trail for kids and dogs.

4 minutes ago

Nice trail for all levels

Really nice but it's not easy for younger kids (toddlers or babies) I'll say from ages 7 and up since it does get difficult on the last part my kids are 7,9,11 and we're ok but younger ones will have trouble definitely worth the view really nice

Our 5 and 3 year old boys were able to complete this Trail. The final 100-150 yards are pretty steep and gravely so footing was a little unsure but the caves are impressive.

Not "easy" but my dog enjoyed the all uphill aspect. He went through three bottles of water.

Fun and easy for kids and dogs. A nice view at the end too.

my family and i enjoyed the hike but it shouldnt be rated easy. i would say moderate. the caves were cool to see.

My fiancé and I took this hike because it said it was easy. But once we got to the mountain it was very steep. I was fine but my fiancé just had finished a big lunch( which I didn't recommend) so half way through the trail he wanted to throw up. It is a perfect leg work out. Take some water because we hiked in 95 degree weather. The cave is breathtaking and specially the view! They have benches so you can sit down and look at the view. They are great just to sit and admire the nature.

Amazing views! Easy, fun starter trail.

Shouldn't be labeled as Easy! Lol Maybe it's because I'm out of shape! Great Trail! Had los of fun with my Son!

I've completed this trail several times with my 3 daughters and we enjoy it very much. We take food so we can picnic in the cave before making our descent.

Great hike

This hike was great and one of the harder ones I've done. It felt very steep at some points and the climb up to the caves was difficult for me. In my opinion this is a moderate trail not an easy one.