Atlanta State Park Trail

Atlanta State Park Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Queen City, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

As of June 2018, several users have reported that a small portion of this trail (the Terrace Trail and a portion of the White Oak Trail) are closed temporarily for maintenance.

Super nice park and trails. Great for the whole family

Well kept trails, good for entire family, just that the end of the eastern most trail was closed due to a previous flood.

This was a magical experience. It was almost as if we were no longer in north east Texas! We actually did a different trail then the one listed. I will upload a picture of what we actually along with other pics. I do recommend this hike. There are a lot of hills so keep that in mind before you go. :-)

Sunday, June 18, 2017

The trail was well cleared. It's a good hike if you don't want anything strenuous or to long.

Friday, January 22, 2016

The trail that I went on was poorly marked and I got lost. There was a lot of high water but the ranger had told me the trails were not under water. Not sure if that wasn't the case and that's why I lost the trail. I was basically just wandering in the woods.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Great trail. Some of it is currently under water due to floods. Burned off areas are growing back now and as a Texas State Park no fishing license (in state or out) is required to fish from th3 bank.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I did the "nature trail" @.8 miles it was nice. Still in recovery from a fire and some chainsaw grooming.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A pleasant walk. Be alert for wild pigs on this trail.

recorded Recording - Apr 01, 11:32 AM