Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Mountain Bike Trail

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Mountain Bike Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Plano, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Entrance is on West Parker Road west of the Dallas North Tollway.

Varied landscape through the park and a choice of concrete trail when it's just rained or dirt paths when the weather is good. You don't really have to know where you're going when you go down the natural trails as you will eventually find your way to the big concrete trail.

Good for your first hike. Mostly concrete trail though part of trail is dirt path. The dirt path becomes muddy when it rains on the day before

Busy on weekends, but great during the week

Love it! My dog loves the trails.

perfect to take a long walk with the dogs and "get lost".

Was really nice. First one we’ve done. Pulled in and parking lot was full, so we were worried. But, found space to ourselves. Nice to have option of dirt trails and paved. Spent 2.5 hours there finding plenty to do.

Great trail.

Considering Texas is ridiculously flat this was pretty good! My dog loved it!

Nice walk. I'd say this is more of an easy than a moderate, though.

FIRST time here and walked the outer loop trail and back. it wad very windy the day we went sio the trees helped break that up but was still enough breeze to be comfortable.

Excellent Hike.

walking, biking, and hiking.. family friendly.

I went at 8am on a Sunday. Lots of walkers but few bikers. The trail was intermediate in difficulty. I am a newb, I found it a bit challenging. But exhilarating.

Very nice scenery, but too many people.

This nature preserve was very enjoyable. We started out on one of the unpaved paths, and made our way through the various trails - mockingbird alley, sparrow way, pond trail, etc. These trails were well maintained, and there was lots of wildlife especially birds present. As we started on the paved path, we saw a deer about 20 yards away. On a hot day make sure to bring plenty of water as it can get pretty tiresome on the paved trail under the sun without shade. Beautiful preserve...will definitely visit again! My only complaint would be that the unpaved trail (inner) wasn't as vast, maybe a mile or so all around. It was much nicer than the outer unpaved trail which was just an open field trail which was not as scenic as the inner trail! At least Arbor Hills has both styles. The observation tower is neat and provides a cool area overseeing the tops of trees and houses. Great for beginners looking to experience a bit of nature.

In no way would I call this moderate. This is a wooden walking trail that gives north Texas a little slice of nature. Nice place to talk your dog for a longer walk, nice shade.

Wouldn't really call it a moderate hike. There are lots of photographers in the morning and evenings. It has nice views, good shade. Good destination for a short nature walk.

Lots of options (paved/not paved), but can be crowded.

Love it.. at night, the fireflies join me on my run! ❤️

Lots of side trails that would be nice to have on the app!

Our first hike of the summer was fabulous!! A lot to look at with shade from the trees!!

Pretty nice trails for walking dogs and getting a little bit of off road walking in. They aren't terribly long trails but you can loop them a few times. It does get fairly busy at times. It's always clean.

The outer loop was a little muddy this morning after some rain, with some confusion on trail markings on the north end. Nice variety with some elevation change

I had a great time walking the trails with my dog! I can't wait to go back and run :)

Very nice! We'll definitely do it again. We stayed on the paved trail this time, but next time we'll venture out onto the unpacked ones.

Very nice mix of trails with the main (roughly 2.5 mile) outer loop being a paved path with lanes. Several dirt trails run off and around the loop as well as some other offshoot paved areas. Some mild and rolling inclines, but nothing too difficult.

Overall, it's a scenic and well maintained set of trails on a nature preserve with plenty of birds. Will definitely return when in the area.

Love

walked​ this trail mid morning during the week. parking lot was busy but the trail was not to bad. Took both of my dogs who enjoyed the trail. good trail for beginners, not much incline and many shaded areas. beautiful views and very quiet.

The bike trail was good, not too challenging but had plenty of elements to keep the heart pumping. I went on some of the other trails (which apparently you aren't supposed to venture to) and they offered more space and climbs. There was a nice water crossing next to the bridge that I kinda made up myself too. Overall a great ride and good fun.